Giant Spiders

It's summer now and Hermione's still in the hospital wing. Harry, Ron and i tried to visit her but visitors are now barred from the hospital wing.

"We're taking no more chances," Madam Pomfrey said through a crack in the door.

"But, Madam, that's my sister," I begged. "Can I please see her."

"No, I'm sorry, there's every chance the attacker might come back to finish her, or any of them off. ."

"We need to keep looking for the spiders," Harry whispered in my ear.

Over the weeks we have been trying to find spiders. Well, mostly Harry, Ron and I just followed.

"I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," Malfoy said, one evening in potions. "I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't want the Chamber of Secrets closed. McGonagall won't last long, she's only filling in. . ."

Snape swept past Harry and I.

"Sir," Malfoy said loudly. "Sir, why don't you apply for the headmasters job?"

"Now, now, Malfoy," Snape said with a thin-lipped smile. "Professor Dumbledore has only been suspended by the governors. I daresay he'll be back with us soon enough."

"Yeah, right," Malfoy said smirking. "I expect you'd have Father's vote, sir, if you wanted to apply for the job - I'll tell Father you're the best teacher here, sir-"

Snape smirked and swept around the dungeon. Seamus Finnigan was pretending to vomit into his cauldron.

"I'm quite surprised the Mudbloods haven't all packed their bags by now," Malfoy continued. "Bet you five Galleons the next one dies. Pity it wasn't Granger-"

Just then the bell rang. Furious, I slammed my book in my bag and made my way to Malfoy.

"Let go of me!" I growled as Harry and Ron held me back. "Let me go! I don't need a wand, I'll kill him with my bare hands! Let Go!"

"Hurry up, I've got to get you all to Herbology," Snape barked.

The class hurried out towards Herbology.

Ron and I were chatting while helping Harry with some weird plant.

"- Hermione Granger, and I apologize for all the stuff i said."

Ron and I stopped chatting and looked over to see Harry shaking hands with Ernie.

"That Draco Malfoy character," Ernie said, Ron and I helped him as we broke off dead twigs, " he seems very pleased about all this, doesn't he? D'you know, I think he might be Slytherin's heir."

"That's clever of you," I said, I didn't fully forgive him, neither did Ron.

"Do you think it's Malfoy, Harry?" Ernie asked.

"No," Harry said firmly.

Ron and I turned back to our work in silence. Then I felt pain on my left hand, Harry had hit me with his pruning shears.

"Ouch!" I snapped.

Harry did the same to Ron.

"Bloody hell ! What're you-"

Harry pointed over to some patch of grass. I narrowed my eyes to see a bunch of little spiders scuttling in a strait line.

"Oh, yeah," Ron said, trying to look pleased, but failed badly.

"We can't follow them now. . . " I stated.

"Looks like they're heading for the Forbidden Forest. . . . "