Waffles

Have you ever wanted waffles, but didn't want the hassle of separating the eggs, whipping the egg whites to a soft peek and then folding them into the batter mix? And then waiting 20 minutes before you could start cooking? Well that was me and then I found this recipe - no egg separating required, and only a 10 minute wait! 

I found this recipe in a pancakes and waffles cookbook, it's probably where I got my pancake recipes from too. 

INGREDIENTS:

2 Cups Self-raising Flour

1 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda

2 teaspoons Sugar

2 Eggs

90g Butter, melted

1 3/4 Cups Buttermilk (I just use milk)

METHOD:

Sift flour, Bi-Carb, sugar and Pinch of salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.

Whisk Eggs, Melted Butter and Milk in a jug and gradually pout into well. Whisking until smooth.

Rest for 10min

Pre-heat Waffle Iron.

Brush with butter, pour about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into centre and close the lid - cook for about 2min, or until golden and crisp. Don't overfill the waffle pan or else when you close the lid all the mixture spills out and down the sides - a friend of mine did that, "because it didn't look like it was enough" she told me. Well, she knows better now.

Keep warm while cooking the remaining mixture - although personally I never have any to keep warm, they always disappear, I have to make sure that I put some aside for me.

Top with butter and maple syrup or honey or hot choc sauce and vanilla ice-cream - the toppings are endless.