Fish or Chicken Thai Coconut Curry

This Recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens, my husband and I were watching it one night when Karen made this, and he's like "You have to try that" and so I spent some time finding the clip on the web and then writing the recipe down, and I tell you what - it was worth it! Everyone I make this for LOVES it. I hope you love it too.

INGREDIENTS:

400g Fish / Chicken

1 Brown onion, sliced

Galengal - a couple of slices, (or Ginger)

2 Tablespoons Tom Yum Paste

2 Slices Shrimp Paste

400ml Coconut Milk (I use Coconut Cream)

1/2 Can water (Once you empty the Coconut into the curry use the can for the water)

3 Lime Leaves (Fresh - I froze my leaves and I use these)

2 Tablespoons Palm Sugar (or normal)

1 Punnet (200/250g) Cherry tomatoes

1 Punnet Oyster/Abalonie Mushrooms (I tend to use just normal mushrooms)

Handful of Bean Sprouts

Handful of Snow Peas

Fish Sauce

1 Lime - Juice

Vege Oil

1 Green Chillie, sliced/diced

Rice

METHOD:

- Dice Chicken and coat with flour (I use rice flour).

Heat oil and brown off the chicken in batches, set aside.

Heat 50ml oil in wok, add onion and galengal (ginger) cook about 1 1/2 minutes; 

Add Tom Yum paste, shrimp paste and chillies, fry 1 minute.

 - Throw chicken in now. 

Add Coconut milk/cream and water.

Put rice on now.

Bring wok to the boil, add lime leaves, sugar, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, simmer for about 3 minutes.

- If using fish, add now.

Add bean sprouts, snow peas and lots of fish sauce (I tend to go around the wok about three times)

Add lime juice, and throw in the skins - this adds to the flavour. (If using lime juice from a bottle, use a good squirt around the wok)

Cook for about 3 more minutes, your rice should be ready by then, if not turn wok right down and simmer until rice is finished cooking.

This recipe is served soup style on top of your rice.

Enjoy