Chapter 10: Austin vs Jake

Jessica's POV

                Oh my god, Austin is kissing me. I angrily push him away and see Jake's mustang tear out of my driveway. Oh my god, Jake is never going to talk to me again! I can't belive Austin would do this to me! First he comes over and tells me to stay away from Jake, and then he kisses me in front of Jake. It's like he planned it.

                "Jessica, I'm sorry." Austin says.

                "I can't believe you!" I scream at him.

                "I had to do it." He looks at the ground.

                "No, you really didn't! You know I have feelings for someone else!" I argue. He looks at me angrily.

                "Someone who has no feelings for you Jessica! He's just using you!" Austin argues back.

                "No, he's not! Go home Austin!" I slam the door in his face and storm up to my room. I throw myself onto my bed and scream into my pillows. I have no chance with Jake now. God, what is wrong with Austin!? I'm pretty sure Jake was close to asking me out too! I'm so frustrated. I'll talk to Jake tomorrow at school.

                As I arrive at school I immediately notice the wispering increase.

                "Why does she look okay?"

                "Does she not know?"
                "Poor Jessica."

What the heck are they talking about now? I walk through the hallway and spot Jake. I almost walk over to him but then I see he's with Carly. Why is he with Carly? Then I see him kiss  her and my heart shatters. I feel tears come to my eyes and I turn to see Austin standing there looking equally shocked.

                "Jessica-"

But I don't give him a chance to talk. I run past him and out the doors. I can't believe I was so stupid! They warned me and I didn't listen. I wipe away my tears and drive home. No point in even going to school, it would just cause more heart break.

Austin's POV

                I watch as Jessica runs crying out of the school. I should kick that asshole's ass. First he practically stole her from me, then he led her on and then breaks her heart in front of everyone. I walk over to Jake and tap him on the shoulder. He turns and before his stupid ass can say anything my fist connects with his face.

                "Oh my god! Jake are you okay!?" Carly asks as Jake stumbles back holding his hand over his nose.

                "What the fuck is your problem!?" I scream at him.

                "What is my fucking problem? You are the one who fucking punched me!" he cusses. I'll happily do it again.

                "You played Jessica!" I watch as Jake smirks. I am about to punch him again when Carly speaks up.

                "So what!? She never should have tried to steal Jake from me." She flips her hair over her shoulder.

                "She never tried to steal him! Your douche bag of a boyfriend tried to get with her first!" I say.

                "My mistake." Jake says.

                "You bet it's your mistake! Just stay the fuck away from her Jake or else my fist will be back in your face." I turn and walk away.