Chapter 16: We're Over

Austin's POV

                The next Monday I walked into school pissed off. Madison didn't text or call me all weekend. I tried texting and calling her but she never responded.

                "Austin!" I hear. Turn to see Jake and Jessica.

                "You don’t look happy." Jessica comments.

                "That's because I'm not. Madison didn't text or call me all weekend." I say.

                "She might still be mad that we accused her of cheating." Jessica says.

                "Maybe." I look down the hallway to see Brad with Madison at her locker.

                "Or maybe it has to something to do with Brad!" I say before storming over to them.

                "Austin don't!" Jessica says, but I ignore her.

                "Excuse me." I say tapping Madison on the shoulder.

                "Oh hi babe." Madison says looking at me.

                "Yeah hi why are you talking to Brad?" I ask.

                "Because she can." Brad says.

                "Really?" I raise an eyebrow.

                "Yes really. I'm not hurting your girlfriend so go away." Brad says.

                "Brad, don't be rude!" Madison scolds.

                "Yeah bro, don't be rude." Jake says as they walk over.

                "Really Jake? You are gonna defend him?" Brad asks.

                "Yeah I am. You got a problem?" Jake asks.

                "Yeah I do. You are defending a complete loser." Brad says. I'm not a loser thank you very much.

                "He's not a loser!" Jessica says.

                "You shouldn't be talking new girl. Everyone at this school thinks you are sleeping with Jake." Brad grins.

                "What!?" We all exclaim.

                "You haven't heard the rumors. Look around Jessica. Everyone is talking about you." Brad says causing Jessica to look around. She gets a panicked look.

                "Babe, don't listen to him." Jake says, but Jessica runs off. Jake turns to Brad and let's just say if looks could kill, Brad would be dead.

                "Why the fuck did you do that?" Jake demands.

                "Because you can do better bro." Brad says.

                "We aren’t bros. We aren’t even friends." Jake narrows his eyes.

                "You don't mean that." Brad says. Jake backs away from us.

                "I do. Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend or your ass will be dead." he says before turning and walking away in the direction Jessica went.

                "Madison, if you want Brad go for it because I'm done." I say before turning and walking away in the direction Jessica went. I'm instantly hit with sadness as I turn my head to see Brad kiss Madison. I shake my head and continue down the hallway. Fuck her. I don't need her I thought we had something guess I was wrong.

Jake's POV

                Where did Jessica go? I'm so pissed at Brad. How dare he talk to my girlfriend like that!  He's the one who helped me get with her. If he had a problem he shouldn't have helped me. He should have just told me that he didn't like her. I still would have gotten with Jessica or at least tried to. I keep walking down the hallway in search of my girlfriend. Where the hell did she go!? I turn a corner and spot her. Then I growl because she is surrounded by Jason Connors and his friends. Jason is the quarterback of the football team. He's a complete douche bag. I walk over prepared to fight.

                "Just leave me alone." Jessica was saying.

                "Aww not so tough without Jake are you?" Jason sneers.

                "You think you can sleep with me after you are done with Jake?" Jason's best friend, Nick Patterson, says.

                "She's not sleeping with any of you." I say causing them all to look at me.

                "Well if it isn't Jake." Jason grins as Jessica runs into my arms.

                "You alright?" I softly ask Jessica. She nods at me and I look Jason.

                "Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend. That goes for all of you." I say taking Jessica's hand.

                "Or what!?" Nick asks.

                "I will kick all your asses." I say before turning and leading Jessica away.

                "You know it's too bad what happened Freshman Year." Jason hollars causing me to stop walking and all eyes to be focused on me. I slowly turn around and drop my book bag as he says,

                "Marissa, she seemed like such a nice girl until you got to her and corrupt-" his sentence is interrupted by my fist slamming against the side of his jaw. He goes flying to the ground.

                "I didn't rape her! She wanted the sex!" I yell at him and everyone else listening.

                "Sure fooled us Jake." Jason says getting up. I am about to punch him again but his next sentence stops me in my tracks.

                "Melissa is back in town."