Chapter 14: Lies

Jake's POV

                I waited until after school to talk to Brad, though I was starting to regret that because I have been standing at his locker for more than 15 minutes. I spot Brad walking towards me.

                "Finally." I mutter to myself.

                "Hey Jake." Brad says opening his locker.

                "Hi Brad." I say.

                "What's up? Do you need something?" he asks.

                "Just want to talk. See if there is anything new with you. Girlfriends, school, work, girlfriends." I say hinting at him having a girlfriend. He laughs nervously.

                "You know I don't have a girlfriend Jake." Brad says searching through his locker.

                "Then why'd you kiss Madison at lunch?" I cross my arms.

                "I-I don't know what you are talking about." He stutters.

                "Just be honest with me." I say. Brad shuts his locker and turns to me.

                "I don't know what you are talking about and I would never get with Madison." he says looking me in the eyes.

                "Like I said you kissed her at lunch." I say.

                "Jake, you are my bro and if I was dating someone you would be the first to know." He says.

                "Yeah but-"

                "But nothing okay!? I was there for you when no one believed you about Melissa. Now believe me when I say I am not dating Madison." He says. Did he really have to bring up the Melissa thing? No, he didn't have to but he did. That was a pretty low blow.

                "Fine, I believe you." I lie. There's no way in hell he's getting away from this question that easily.

                "Alright. I gotta go." Brad says before turning and walking away. I sigh. Why won't he just tell me about him and Madison? I'm not gonna get mad. Austin might thought. I really hope Austin is having better luck.

Austin's POV

                I rang Madison's doorbell. I really didn't want to do this, but what's a guy gonna do when a girl is two timing him? I hear footsteps and the door opens to reveal Madison.

                "Hi babe!" She greet me.

                "Don't hi babe me. You are cheating on me with Brad." I accuse. She look shocked.

                "What!? Austin I would never cheat on you!" She exclaims.

                "So that kiss at lunch was nothing?!" I ask.

                "What kiss?" She asks.

                "Really Madison?" I ask.

                "What? Austin, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about." she says.

                "You kissed Brad at lunch." I repeat. She avoids my gaze.

                "You should go." She says before closing the door to my face and my heart.