Chapter 17: Jake's Past part 2

Jessica's POV

                "Marissa's back in town." I watch as Jake freezes up.

                "What!?" he asks.

                "She's back in town to visit." Jason sneers.

                "You better be fucking kidding." Jake looks pissed.

                "Nope. She's staying at your buddy Brad's house." Jason looks like he's enjoying watching Jake being uncomfortable right now.

                "This isn't happening." Jake says before grabbing his book bag and rushing past me and down the hallway.

                "Jake!" I run after him. I'm finally able to catch up to him in the parking lot.

                "Jake!" I scream at him as he tries to unlock his car. I walk over and place my hand on top of his, halting his motions.

                "Babe." I look at him to see fear and regret in his eyes.

                "Please promise me something." he looks close to tears.

                "Anything babe." I say.

                "Please don't leave me." He softly pleads.

                "I promise I won't leave you."

                "Good. I know you have a good record and everything but-"

                "Do you wanna skip school?" I ask.

                "Really!? You'd do that for me?" he asks.

                "Yes." I smile. He smiles back and then learns down and kisses me and in that moment I know I made the right decision in dating Jake. Call it a gut feeling. Maybe women's intuition I don't know. But I was grateful that Jake was the one I chose to give my heart too.

Jake's POV

                I am extremely thankful for Jessica. Especially since she let me skip school and she skipped school with me. We were currently cuddling on my couch watching TV.

                "Babe?" Jessica asks looking up at me.

                "Hmm?" I reply back.

                "Can you finish telling me what happened freshman year?" She asks I sigh. Either I tell her the truth or she'll believe the lies.

                "Alright. That night I took Melissa to Applebee's and afterwards we went back to her house…"

Flashback

                "I had a great time." Melissa says opening the car door.

                "Yeah me too." I say.

                "You wanna come in?" she ask.

                "Yeah, sure." I reply turning off my car.

End of Flashback

"Okay….is this the part where you have sex with her?" Jessica asks.

                "Yeah. Things got heated fast and I tried to tell her no but she insisted so..we had sex." I recall.

                "So she basically pleaded with you until you gave in?" Jessica asks.

                "yeah..the next Monday at school…"

Flashback

As I walked into school, everyone looked at me. What was everyone's problem? I walked over to my locker to see notes all over it.

"Rapist"

"You should be in Jail."

"Loser."

I tear the notes off my locker confused. Why should I be in Jail? Why am I a rapist?

                "Wow Jake, you have some nerve showing up here!" I hear. I turn to see Marissa's best friend, Jamie Larson.

                "What do you mean?"I ask. I wince as her open palm connects with the side of my face.

                "What was that for?" I ask.

                "For raping and abusing Marissa! Just stay away from her!" Jamie says before walking off. Wait, I never raped or abused her! Everyone around me whispers and I can't take it anymore and run out of the school.

End of the flashback

                "Wow….she ruined your freshman year." Jessica says.

                "Yeah, I almost got charged . But her family decided to move instead of press charges." I explain.

                "one question."

                "Yeah?" I look down at Jessica.

                "Why'd she do it?" Jessica asks.

                "I don't know…" I sigh.

                "Well I'm gonna find out." Jessica says.

                "Babe, don't alright? She'll try to ruin your life too." I warn.

                "I will be fine." Jessica says yawning.

                "Take a nap babe." I say.

                "Okay,…"Jessica softly says snuggling back into my arms. I wrap my arms tightly around her and decide to also take a nap. The last thought that went through my mind is why is Melissa back? And then darkness.