Chapter 19: Flowers and a song

Jessica's pov

                The first thing I notice when I get into Jake's car the next day is that he seemed nervous.

                "What's wrong babe?" I ask.

                "Nothing." He replies.

                "O-okay." I say.

                "Yep."

When we get to school, Jake leaves me. He tells me that he has business to do and that he will see me in first hour and walks off before I can make a comment. I brush it off and head to my locker and open it to see it's full of flowers. I see a note on top. I pull it off the flowers and open it.

                "Hope you like the flowers tho they don’t compare to your beauty.

                Love,

                Jake"

Aww, he bought me flower! I smile, put the note in my bag and shut my locker. I head to first hour to see Jake isn't there. Whatever he'll be here when he gets here. But when the bell rings and he still hasn't arrived I start to worry. I notice Austin isn't here either.

                "Pst Maddie." I whisper to Madison.

                "yeah?" She whispers back.

                "Where are the boys?" I ask.

                "I honestly don't know."

Class goes by and they still don't show up. When the bell rings I pull out my phone and text Jake. When he doesn't respond I really start to worry. What if something has happened to him?

                By the time lunch comes around I'm so worried I can't eat. I can tell by the expression on Madison's face that she's equally worried.

                "Where are they?" I ask.

                "I don't know but I'm starting to worry." She says.

                "Me too." I say.

Suddenly I hear a voice on the intercom say,

                "May I please have your attention?"

I look at Madison who shrugs. I freeze as I hear Austin's voice on the intercom.

                "Jessica, I haven't known you long but I've known you long enough to know that someone in this school is crazy about you." he says causing Madison to start smiling.

                "I would tell you who he is but I'm gonna let him do the talking." He says.

Suddenly the cafeteria lights go out and people scream. I am unfortunately one of those people.

                "What is going on!?" Madison asks grabbing my arm.

                "I don't know." I reply.

All of a sudden, music starts playing and a single light shines on a figure. I blush as I realize that figure is Jake. I notice he has a microphone in his hand.

                "This one's for you." He says pointing to me. He then starts to sing

"I don't want another pretty face

I don't want just anyone to hold

I don't want my love to go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul"

Everyone starts awwing and Madison nudges me. I nudge her back as Jake continues to sing.

"You're the one I wanna chase 

You're the one I wanna hold

I wont let another minute go to waste 

I want you and your beautiful soul

I know that you are something special

To you I'd be always faithful

I want to be what you always needed

Then I hope you'll see the heart in me"

Another spotlight appears on Austin who has been playing the guitar as Jake sings the chorus. As he sings he walks towards me. He gets to the end of the song and says,

                "Jessica, I haven't known you long, but I've known you long enough to fall for you"

Someone tosses him a bouquet of roses. He catches them and hands them to me.

                "For you." he grins.

                "Aww thank you." I grin and take the flowers.

                "Now I have to ask you a very important question." He says.

                "What's that?" I shyly ask.

                "Will you please be my date to the homecoming dance?" He asks.

                "Yes!" I squeal and jump into his arms. He laughs and kisses my cheek as the light turn back on. People start clapping and crying and commenting on how cute we are. I notice two people that don't look to happy though. Carly and Scott. But they can deal because I'm going to Homecoming with Jake Miller!