Chapter 1: New school

JESSICA'S POV

                "Mom, are you sure I can't stay home? I ask my mom.

                "Jessica, for the last time, no." My mom scolds as she puts eggs and bacon on my plate. I stare at the food and my stomach growls hungrily, but I can't eat. I was too nervous. Let me explain. Today was my first day at Waverly High School in San Antonio, Texas. We moved here from Portland, Maine because my dad's new job required him to move. My mom was thrilled, I was not. I had to leave behind my friends and my now ex-boyfriend, Scott. I guess he didn't like me that much if he broke up with me as soon as he heard I was moving. That's life though.

                "Get eating or you are going to be late for school." My mom says. I pick up my fork and slowly start eating. After like four bites I put my fork down, grab my car keys and book bag and head out to my car. I tossed my book bag in the passenger seat of my red 2004 Chevy Impala. I got in, started my car and started the 15 minute drive to school. I could have rode the bus, but since I had a car, I thought I would take full advantage of my driving privileges. I pull into the school parking lot and I'm about to pull into a parking spot when a black mustang rushes by me and takes the spot. Rude much? I honk at the dude as he and a girl get out of the car. The dude just gives me a glare, puts his arm about the girl's shoulders and they stroll towards the school entrance. Something about the way the guy looks at me sends chills through out my body. I shake my head, pull into another empty stall and head into the new school.

                I stopped by the deans office and picked up my schedule and books. As I walked back into the crowded hallway, I checked my schedule. I guess I must have been walking still because suddenly I bumped into someone and my books flew to the ground.

                "Oops, I'm sorry." A deep voice says as I bend down to pick up my books. I look up to see the guy who took my parking spot. The first thing I notice is his brown hair and soft brown eyes.

                "Actually I'm not sorry." He smirks.

                "What is your problem!?" I ask standing up. I guess no one talks back to this kid because he looks shocked at my response.

                "Just watch where you are going, okay?" He says softly before walking off. I shake my head and bend down to pick up my books.

                "Here let me help you." Another male says.

                "Oh my goodness."  a female says. I look up to see a brown haired green eyed male and a blonde haired female.

                "thanks." I smile as they hand me my books and we stand up.

                "I saw what happened. Just ignore Jake." the guy says.

                "Is that the kid who I bumped into?" I ask.

                "yeah, but you are better off staying away from him. Hi, I'm Madison Bertini and this is Austin Mahone." Madison introduces.

                "I'm Jessica Smith." I say.

                "You must be new." Austin says.

                "Yeah." I sigh. Austin takes my schedule and looks at it.

                "We all have first hour math together. Other than that you alternate between being in class with Madison and I. But we all have lunch together." Austin says.

                "Great." I smile. I follow Austin and Madison to first hour and as soon as we enter my eyes drift to the back of the classroom to a familiar pair of brown eyes.

He opens his mouth and all that comes out is "Are you serious?!" and my heart sinks.