Chapter Eight

"Evil is evil, lesser, greater, middling... Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary, the definitions blurred; if I am to choose between one evil or another, I'd rather not choose at all." - Geralt, Witcher 3

Flashback-

"HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh Leo that is a good one!" Artyom laughed and patted Leo on the shell.

Artyom, Leo, Seth, Floki, Geralt, Marzia, Lilly, Karai and Sofia were huddled up against each other, in their room inside one of Salt Lake's sewer villages. Homes were one room, a large one, but only one room.

"Guys..." Sofia asked, and all attention was on her. "We'll always be friends right? Forever?"

"Are you kidding? Yes!" Karai chirped.

"Yeah!" Lilly and Marzia smiled.

"Of course!" Leo and Geralt sighed.

"Defiantly!" Floki, and Seth smirked.

"We are family. No matter what." Artyom declared proudly.

"Good! I found this charm, all the way back in two-thousand-twelve. It's called Sachiko Ever After." Sofia smiled and took out a paper doll. "We each hold a piece of the doll, and say 'Sachiko we beg of you' nine times. Then, we pull."

Once all of the friends agreed, they all formed a circle and performed exactly what Sofia had said. When they pulled the paper, it ripped apart as they all held a piece.

"So, does this piece have some sort of meaning to it?" Floki asked.

"Yes! Put it wherever you want, as long as you have it all the time and it doesn't fall out. A long as we have it, we will be friends forever, no matter where we are." Sofia chirped.

"Cool!" Karai and Leo exclaimed.

End of flashback

Leo came back to reality and realised that Karai was kissing him. It was long before he started to kiss back. Karai pulled back and smiled.

"So, does this make us a thing?" Karai asked.

"Yes. Yes I guess it does." Leo said shyly and they grabbed each other's hands. Karai leaned forward and pecked him on the lips before dragging him back towards the fire.

When sat down, Leo reached into his pistol holster and took out a piece of paper. Karai looked at it before taking hers out of her bandanna.

"I feel horrible." Leo choked out and fought off the urge to cry. "We shouldn't have left them."

"What's done is done." Karai sighed sadly and hugged him, pressing his head to her neck. "After all, we found our family. We'll get our other one back too."

"I guess." Leo sighed again and pulled away.

Karai lay down next to Leo and they both fell asleep, smiles on their serene faces.

(TIME SKIPP!)

"Donnie!" Mikey shouted with Raph, Casey, Leo, Karai and April. The sudden noise, of course, caused Donnie to suddenly shoot upright an look around, panting.

"Oh. Just you." He mumbled and yawned tiredly.

"Guess what?" Raph said.

"What?"

"Today is the day we find father!" Mikey laughed.