Chapter Twenty-Three

[edited]

Karisma's POV

I was starting to feel uneasy in class. My leg was shaking, badly. Just the thought of how connected me and Kane are. Its creepy, like really creepy.

"Karisma?" But mom use to have a small thing with Zek but then Dad use to do business with Zek as well. But what does any of that has to do with me and kane? Mom hated Zek though. So...

"Karisma?"

"No!" I shouted as I stood up coming back to my senses. Catching everyone's attentions.

"Karisma, I think you should step out for a few minutes, you seem, unfocused right now, interrupting my lesson"

"Sorry"

"Just get out" the teacher says. He's such a bitch. I had grabbed myself and had quickly left out and went into the bathroom. I had turned the water on and got some water on my hands and then splashed it. All of a sudden I heard crying.

"Anyone there? Are you okay?"

One of the bathroom stalls came opened and it was Callie. That surprised me. Callie usually doesn't cry due to her excessive makeup she always have on.

"Karisma, is that you?" She says crying still.

"Yeah, whats wrong?" I had looked at her and my eyes scanned over her neck and saw fingerprints. My eyes widen.

"What happened to your neck" she had sniffed trying to find her voice. "K-K-K-K-K" she started crying harder. "What?" I say.

"K-Kane, It was Kane...he said its because i gave you those pills, to kill your pain, you know. I didn't intend to think you would kill yourself, what ever happened isn't my fault, right? Tell Kane it wasnt my fault. I didn't try anything or do anything, he.....he...was...so scary... i thought i was actually going to die"

Kane did this? Because she gave me pills. Usually i would go storming up to him and telling him his wrongs for doing but i also thought about some things he does for me.

"Karisma?" She cried out. I snapped out of thought. "I'll talk to him" I say.
She nodded. "Good, because he needs to be controlled..does he hit you or chokes you?" I gave her a confused look and smiled. "No, he's not like that...he..." I paused for a minute, can't believe i'm about to say this for the first time but here it goes.

"He's my boyfriend and he loves me and cherishes me a lot"

"Don't have to lie" I chuckled.

"You're being ridiculous, I have to go" I say as i had turned and left out. I don't have to time to go back and forth with someone who just doesn't understand. Though i am going to say something about the violence he used towards her.

I was about to turn the corner and thats when I bumped into someone and started to fall back but that someone caught me. "You okay" I looked up to see who it was and it was Kane.

I nodded. He had pulled me up on my feet. "Where are you going?" I say noticing that he's coming towards this way. "Um, home, I have urgent business to take care of"

"How come I just saw Cassie with fingerprints around her neck?" I say folding my arms.

He had bite his lip then stopped biting it. "Just know that Anything i do, it's for you" he says trying to turn the tables. "That's not what I asked but I appreciate it at certain degrees"

"She gave you those pills, She needs to know her place, She gave you drugs and almost killed you, will was apart of the provider in giving you them" he explains.