Chapter Twenty-Four

[edited]

Karisma's POV

I had sat down at the table across from mom as soon as i came from school. What's the big deal? Why can't she just spit it all out.

"Well.." she starts. I lean in to indicate i was listening. "I didnt aspect you and Zek's Son to know each other in a million years. It just somehow accidently happen which was a mistake. But from my point of view, it seems you too must really like each other even after knowing that family murdered your father, still very persistent on continuing your relationship with him."

I want to say something but she's right, I'm terrible for doing this but this is one sin i wouldn't fix. "Basically its alot so i decided to sum it all up in one. It all started when we were in high school. There was a point in time when me and Zek dated but he murdered my older brother, which was your uncle that i never mentioned. I hated him then we lost most of our money but somehow my father, your grandfather had regained some gram back and kicked me off the family treaty due to me dating Zek. So i hated them and Zek, because Coleda was my dear big brother. But as time went on Zek murdered my boyfriend after him due to jealousy but then ended up getting Marshall pregnant"

"Marshall hated me because Zek still wanted me even after he found out she was pregnant but then soon after i met your father and ended up pregnant with you so Zek let me go and forced married Marshall and I married your father. Zek doesn't like having rivals so he made an amendment with your father to work with him and so your father did."

"He became a good business partner in the group and well you met Zeks three children, Penélope, Lukas, and Kane along with them you've met Anna-Lee and Jasper's Son, Ace,
And Fiana and Stuart's Kids, Alice and Anthony. But only taken a picture with Kane, Ace and Alison, actually all four of you used to play all the time until your father decided he wanted to get out of that but somehow couldn't, he wasnt smart enough to maintain a regular job and slowly crawled back into the Mafia's by borrowing money and gambling"

She had looked down as she held her cup of coffee. Then looked back up at me. "This is messed up" I finally say.

"I tried to make sure you both don't ever get involved in that deadly junk. Luckily Cobin hasn't been able to remember meeting them as young as he was." Mom says.

"But don't worry, the guy i'm with now can moved us away from here and all of it. We can get married and we can move out of this area and better yet state!" Mom says excited.

What? Remarry? To that pervert? Move away and move in? With that pervert? No way.

"Are you sure about that?" I say hesitantly.

"Of course, he's also good with kids" she says.

Good with kids? Heh, yeah right.
How could we leave from here? Right when i made two wonderful friends and feel in love with one of them. I can't. I refused to leave here, to leave Kane, to live with a nightmare that'll never end. I rather be the Mafia's girl then be in a house with that sick old pervert.

I had intaken a breath. "When will this be?" She had thought. "Probably a week after my birthday" mom says. What? That's like four months from now. Dammit.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kane's POV

(Next day)

Damn Shinori is a pain in the ass. Annoying as hell. She even volunteer herself to tag along in school and has everyone's eyes on us. She had pushed her arm through mines and hung on me. I wish i could push her away but if i do she'll tell her father and mess up everything.

I had looked up and met eyes with Karisma. Shit. I had stared back into her eyes. She had hurt written all over her face but tried to cover it up. If i could i would honestly tell Shinori my girl is Karisma and she's the only one for me.