|epilogue|

Please read the A/N at the end.

Ross's POV

"I love you, Ross."

"I love you too, Laura."

That made my Laura smile and snuggle closer into my chest. I chuckled softly and wrapped my arms around her tighter.

"You're just so adorable, Laura. You know that?" I laughed when my adorable girl gave a yawn.

"Shut up," she hit my chest playfully.

Laura and I were still together. I've moved to Los Angeles just to always be with her. It's been 3 years. Every moment we spent together felt like paradise. Sure, we had a few arguments or two, but at the end of the day, we'd make up and fall in love even harder. Every argument just made our love stronger, it never broke us apart. Hates always came in between our relationship but it didn't quite affect us. We were deeply in love and nothing could change that.

I heard a 'ding' from my phone and I pulled it out. It was a message from Courtney, one of my friends.

[courtney - 7:49pm] hey ross, i'm ready.

[ross - 7:49pm] i'm not.

[courtney - 7:49pm] oh come on. you can do it. just don't tell laura. well, yet anyway.

[ross - 7:49pm] jsjdnxkodoe freaking out.

[courtney - 7:50pm] just keep the secret in mind. you still remember, don't you?

[ross - 7:50pm] i made it up, of course i remember😑

[courtney - 7:50pm] good. just don't let laura know.

"Ross, are you cheating on me?"

Shit. She saw it.

I took her hands in mine and spoke. "No, Laura. I'm not."

She yanked her hands away and faced me. "Ross, what secret are you keeping from me?"

"Laur, it's nothing," I lied.

"Nothing? Ross, if it was nothing, what was Courtney talking about? Seriously, if you're cheating on me, just say it," she sounded angry.

"Laura-" I started to say, but she held out her hand to stop me.

"I can't believe I ever spent 3 whole years with you, you cheater. Why did I ever love you? I should've known all you would do was to break my heart. Why did I ever believe you were my soulmate? My one true love? My-"

I stopped her by kissing. Laura tensed up a bit before melting into the kiss. I knew it would work. But then, Laura seemed to come back to her senses and she pushed me away forcefully.

Her eyes were full of hatred and pain. Something I've never seen before. She yelled a 'we're over.' and ran out.

I sat there. Dumbfounded.

It was quite a while before I realized something I never wished would happen had happened.

Laura broke up with me.

I screamed in pain and broke down in tears. Laura was the only person I loved as much as my family. Scratch that, even more than my own family. She was the only person I ever cared so much about. She, was my everything. And I've lost her.

All because of a misunderstanding.

---

I reached the Marano household and rang the bell. The door soon opened and there stood Vanessa, glaring at me, her eyes burning into my soul.