|eleven|

Laura's POV

Never in my life have I smiled this wide before. Ross brought life into me.

He had dropped me off at my house just a while ago and I'm still shaking with excitement while Vanessa smirked at me from across the table.

"So, Laura Lynch, had a good day?" she teased.

I blushed deeply and decided not to reply, which made annoying 23-year-old sister laugh.

"Stop laughing!" I bit on my lower lip, trying to hide my blush best as possible with my hair.

"And why is that?"

"It's embarrassing!"

"Whatever, Laura Lynch. Go to bed, it's late and you still have to go for a family reunion party tomorrow." Vanessa said.

I hate reunions.

I mentally groaned and went into my bathroom. Don't get me wrong, I love reuniting with old friends, but definitely not with my annoying relatives, especially Rowan.

Ugh, that girl.

Rowan is 13 and very annoying. Actually, I need a higher degree for 'very'. Like, imagine Donald Trump times 1000. Yeah, that's how annoying and clingy she is.

Getting out of my dress (which was a bit ruined) and stepping into the shower, I let out a contended sigh as warm water hit my skin. Oh how I love water. The rippling water reminds me of nature and it just feels so good.

After showering, I slipped into my unicorn pyjamas and went back to my room. Yes, I believe in unicorns. Don't judge.

As I sat on my bed, scrolling through my social media, Ross texted me.

[ross - 12:26am] hope you had a great time. sorry for the fangirls though😓

[laura - 12:27am] it's okay. hey, i gtg, talk to you tmr?

[ross - 12:27am] okay.

[laura - 12:27am] night ross zzZ

[ross - 12:27am] goodnight, princess. 👑

-

"Rise and shine, ya filthy sleepyhead!" my sister ran into my room, banging pans.

I looked up from my phone. "Geez stupid, I've been up for hours," I rolled my eyes at my pouting sister. Seriously, she can be pretty immature for a 23-year-old.

"You've dressed, you've got your makeup and hair done, and left nothing for me to do?" she asked. I nodded. "God dammit Laura! I woke up early to help you get ready and you tell me you've done everything?"

I gave her a 'seriously' look. "Vanessa Nicole Marano, do you even know what time it is?"

"Eight o' clock, Laura Marie Marano."

"Look at the clock."

"What? It's- oh."

"Exactly."

"I must've pressed snooze for a thousand times." my sister said, embarrassed as I laughed.

"Now it's time to get you ready, because you look like you woke up in a dumpster."

"Shut up, Marano."

"You do know your last name is Marano too, right?"

"Damn it."

I let out a laugh and stood up from my bed. "Come on, ya filthy sleepyhead." I mimicked her words.

She rolled her eyes and followed me into her room.

"You know I hate you right?"

"Unfortunately, I do and lucky for you, I feel the same way."

--

hello there, smileys. (moni, 😉)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 6K HOLY SHIT. ILYASM YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. 😘😘😘😘😘

apparently, you all thanked monique for annoying me last time...😐 thanks a lot guys. i really appreciate it.

anyways, I'm sorry I used Rowan's name, I love her just as much as you do and it's just that I couldn't think of another name starting with the letter 'R' 😶

One 💜, ally, that is a wrap and ZOOP! 💨💥