003 - Chapter Three

After spending two and a half hours finishing up the penultimate chapter to The Illusion Of Love - Eleanor quietly hummed along to the music coming from downstairs. Sometimes, the kids would blast out the music channels on the television whilst cleaning the house.

Luckily, Eleanor had finished her chores earlier, so she decided to do an update before having to tidy her bedroom. She closed her laptop and then decided to reorganise her bedroom. You see, Eleanor was one of these people who enjoy a small change every once in a while.

Letting out a quiet hum along to Magnetised by Tom Odell, Eleanor began to rearrange her clothes, books and began to dust everywhere that she thought was necessary. She then put on some new bedsheets, making her bed and then ran out to get the corridor.

"Sorry!" Jared exclaimed, feeling the young girl crash into him.

"Oh no, it's fine. I just needed to get the hoover." She replied before quickly getting the cordless vacuum cleaner - beginning to hoover her bedroom.

You might be wondering what the effort is for?

Well, Eleanor's three best friends - Sophie, Jess and Liv are all coming over for dinner and they haven't been to Ashdene Ridge since Jared has arrived.

She has told them about it. At first, they believed that she was lying to them. But after she took a sneaky little picture of him when he was in another room as a bit of proof, they immediately believed her.

"So, what time are the girls coming?" Mike asked as she turned off the hoover. She handed the hoover to him and stretched.

"In about an hour. But I also have to get ready. I'm probably just gonna get in a onesie or something. But yeah. An hour." She replied as she laid down on her bed.

"Okay. Everyone is almost finished anyway." Mike replied before beginning to walk out if the room with the hoover. Eleanor quietly sang along to the song Lush Life by Zara Larsson. She wouldn't lie, she wasn't that big of a fan of the UK top 40. She was more of a pop punk girl - but the only musicians that she had an exception over were Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Zara Larsson, JAGMAC, Little Mix and James Bay.

There is the rare catchy song that she would enjoy in the top 40 - but she doesn't find herself enjoying their music.

Soon enough, the song had finished and nothing else was played. In order to get herself into the mood, Eleanor stood up and turned her Spotify playlist onto shuffle.

I've got your picture, I'm coming with you. Dear Maria, count me in! There's a story at the bottom of this bottle, And I'm the pen!

A quiet gasp had escaped from the lips of Eleanor as she began to dance around the room, singing along to the All Time Low song after the instrumental break.

"When the lights go up, I want to watch the way you take the stage by storm. The way you wrap those boys around your finger. Go on and play the leader, Cause you know it's what you're good at; The low road for the fast track, Make every second last!" She sang along whilst air guitaring - jumping on her bed.

Soon enough, she heard her best friend Sophie begin the bridge, from standing outside of her bedroom.

"Take a breath, don't it sound so easy?" Sophie sang as she kicked off her shoes, jumping onto the bed.

"Never had a doubt, now I'm going crazy!" Ellie grinned and sang along, jumping.

"Watching from the floor..." The two girls sang at the same pitch and note.

"Take a breath, and let the rest come easy!" Sophie sang as they air guitared along.

"Never settle down, 'cause the cash flow leaves me-" Eleanor sang before getting interrupted by her two other friends: Jess and Liv.