005 - Chapter Five

Author's note.
I'm really sorry that this chapter is significantly shorter than the rest. Ive been really busy today and I really do hope to do daily updates. But yeah - sorry about how short this is. :(

_________________________________________

*three days before Eleanor's birthday.*

"Okay everyone, we're here!" Mike exclaimed as they pulled up at a farm.

Not just any farm.

An ice cream farm.

As in, a farm where they actually make ice cream and sell it. There's an obstacle course and a bandstand as well! Who wouldn't want to go to this ice cream farm?

Eleanor's three best friends: Sophie, Liv and Jess were all invited along to the ice cream farm. Mainly since, because it's almost Eleanor's birthday + Mike had allowed them to spend more time together before its her birthday and also - before the children of Ashdene Ridge all go on holiday.

"Come on Ellie!" Sophie grinned as she pulled up her best friend, pulling her out of the Minibus and letting go. Eleanor began to stumble before falling back, feeling a pair of hands hold her up and rub her shoulder lightly.

"Thanks." She replied, not turning back to whoever it was.

"No problem." Jared grinned before they began to make their way into the farm.

"Well, shall we go and see the animals first and then go and get some ice cream?" May-Li asked them before they made their way over to the pigs.

"Watch this." Eleanor grinned as the picked up a couple of pieces of grass, before holding it above the pig's head. The pig looked up and then quickly opened its mouth. For some reason, it looked really funny when it did that. Well, it amused the children anyway.

Eleanor then leaned down and stuck her hand through the fence slightly, the large pig beginning to stroke the larger animal.  The feeling was coarse, yet soft at the exact same time.

"He's so cute!" Jess cooed as she kneeled down with a small grin, beginning to tickle the pig behind the ear. The pig let out a satisfied squeal before trotting away from them all.

"I love animals." Eleanor grinned as she began to make her way down towards the cows.

"IT'S DAISY!" Liv screamed as she pointed towards the cow that was spinning around for some reason.

"Okay, there really must be something wrong with this cow because it is bloody chasing it's tail like a dog!" Eleanor exclaimed as Jared walked over, leaning his front against the fence.

"Oh my gosh. That cow is actually so weird looking-" Jared commented as the cow continued to go.

"It must be a bit puddled or something." Liv remarked as the cow had continued to go.

"If that was me, I would of thrown up by now." Jess replied.

"Same."

"Literally me."

"Story of my life."

"Well, let's move on to the sheep." Jared grinned as they moved further onto the farm animals.

"Now it's the sheep from Animal Farm!" Eleanor exclaimed. "We can't win guys. We just had Squealer, a cow that chases it's tail and now the sheep from Animal Farm. Its official. We are done-" Eleanor remarked before the sheep began to bleat at everyone.

"I bet theyre now bleating out 'four legs good, two legs bad.'" Sophie laughed.

"I have no clue what's going on." Jared added to the conversation before beginning to tickle one of the sheep.

"It's the book that we have to do for our end of school exams. But to be honest - I really love that book." Eleanor shrugged before looking over to Mike and May-Li.

They were all stood with the younger kids, waiting to go back to the ice cream cafe area to actually have the freshly made ice cream that was sold in the establishment.

"We should head back-" Sophie grinned as Jess, Sophie and Liv began to walk in front - whilst Eleanor and Jared hung back. They were a mere couple of steps behind them.

"Hey. Are you enjoying yourself today?" Jared asked her with a small grin.

"For definite. I'm really excited for Flip Out tomorrow as well! Absolutely buzzing, fam." Eleanor joked as they continued to make their way over towards the rest of the children that resided with them.

"Let's get some ice cream!" Mike exclaimed. The children had all cheered alongside him before they made their way through the car park (with Stopping, Looking and Listening - as the adults had previously promoted on former trips.)

They strolled into the store and gasped. Ice cream flavours were written all along the walls whilst the prices were just beside them.

"What are you getting?" Jared asked down to Eleanor.

"A tub of chocolate brownie ice cream. How about you?" Eleanor replied with a question.

"Um, probably cookies and cream. In a tub." Jared grinned as they made their way over to the counter, taking their orders and paying for their ice creams.

Soon enough, all children were sat down on a field, doing their own things after eating their ice cream.

Tee and Carmen were again, gossiping about One Direction.

Jody and Tyler were plotting the practical jokes that they were hoping to pull on Mike and May-Li.

Toni, Billie, Harry, Finn and Floss were saying a game of tag.

Ryan and Bailey were having a kick about with the football that was covered in small dents and the mud over the white sections of the ball.

Jess, Sophie, Eleanor and Liv all sat down on the ground, picking daisies off the grass and making daisy chain flower crowns.

Jared, however, was texting his siblings.

He really felt homesick. He wanted to go back to the martial arts classes. He wanted to see his siblings, parents, cousins, grandparents... everyone. They're all on the other side of the world from him and it hurts that they aren't exactly a phone call away. Mainly because of the time zone issue.

"Hey.." Jared turned around to see Eleanor. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm just missing Baltimore. Like, everything about it felt so homely and now I'm having withdrawal emotions.."

Eleanor immediately engulfed the male into a tight hug.

"Tell me about Baltimore. How was it there..?"

"The weather was extremely impeccable. The pier made me feel so happy. Its the place that I used to go whenever I felt upset." Jared began to ramble on about Baltimore.

Eleanor really enjoyed listening to him talk about his home. If it made him happy, she felt happy too.

Jared grinned at the girl once he finished. Eleanor was always super supportive towards him and would always be there to help him through any struggles that he might have. He felt so honoured to have a friend like her.

Friend?

Oh no...

Jared began to think to himself.

I'm falling for Eleanor Greene.