001 - Chapter One

However, that bliss of Eleanor's didn't last for too long.

She sighed as she heard someone knock at the door. She closed her laptop and placed her nanotechnology notes on the desk, beside the laptop before strolling over to the door.

The small redhead named Floss grinned up at her.

"Ellie? Are you coming out to the barbecue? The new kid is there too!" She exclaimed.

Floss was honestly like a younger sister to Eleanor. She's only eight and is one of the cutest little things in this place - in her opinion. Her lips curved up into a small grin at the petite girl, nodding.

"Okay hun. Lemme just get my jacket." She said before turning to the chair at her desk - a small hoodie draped on the back.

"It's not that cold out there!" Floss exclaimed as Eleanor let out a quiet laugh.

"I'm just making sure." She replied before holding onto Floss' hand - leading her to the back garden. We glanced over to everyone. Ryan, Tyler, Mo, Harry and Bailey were all kicking a football around between the five of them. Carmen and Tee were painting each other's nails. Jody, Billie, Toni, Sasha and Kazima were just sat around, talking about animals. Floss then skipped over to the five peoplegirls whilst she sat with Tee and Carmen.

"Hey guys." Eleanor said before eyeing the nail polishes quizically. "Are those my nail polishes?" She asked

"Uh yeah. We needed the colours and we have no money so-"

"It's fine! You don't have to justify yourselves! As long as you didn't go rooting through my stuff - it's fine." She replied to them with a nonchalant shrug.

"We promise that we didn't!" Exclaimed Carmen as she finished with Tee's nails. They were painted like the cloud on the cover of The Fault In Our Stars.

"Alright then." She replied with a small grin.

Eleanor looked up and froze in her seat.

Jared from JAGMAC was stood right next to Mike.

Is he going to be living here? She mentally asked herself.

"Everybody, this is Jared. He is going to be living with us temporarily whilst his siblings go back to America for a family emergency. The minimum that he could be living here is two months. So, be nice and help him to fit in." Mike announced as he looked at them all.

"Natty, are you alright to give Jared a tour for us? We need to supervise out here and we know that you are very responsible - so if you could do that, it would be a real help." May-Li grinned.

Eleanor felt a lump in her throat form as she stood up. Nodding, she walked over to Jared - and leading him into the house.

"So, how old are you?" He asks the shorter brunette.

"Fourteen. And you're fifteen - I'm a huge fan of JAGMAC." She shrugged as she spoke quietly.

"It's awesome to meet a fan! And I'm gonna be living with you too! How come you're here? If you don't mind me asking, that is..." He asked. He was so polite to the girl, making her heart flutter (well, beat quickly. Flutter in a metaphorical sense.

"Well, my parents have been living in Barbados ever since I was four - so I was brought up by my nan. But when I turned twelve, she became far too sick to look after me, so I was put into care and she was put into a elderly home." She shrugged as they arrived at the front door. "Are you ready for the tour?" Eleanor asked the taller boy.

"I'm sorry to hear that but I guess you wouldn't want pity. Sure, I'll have the tour now - maybe we could bond for a bit afterwards?" He asks.

"Alright." I replied before commencing with the tour.