Chapter 23: Plans?

Chapter 23: Plans?

            The next thing I remember was being woken up by him kicking his leg into mine. I was rather groggy though when I opened my eyes reluctantly, I remembered I was facing the wall that the bed had been pushed against whilst he was spooning me with one arm over my side. It was quite sweet but him kicking me in the calf wasn’t very nice. Rolling onto my back, I looked at his face; he was still fast asleep. Suddenly, a strong urge came over me as to how to wake him up. I rolled onto my right side and then forcibly planted my lips to his. I had kept my eyes open and when his shot wide open, he pulled his whole body away and fell off the bed with a bang as he hit the hard wooden floor.

            ‘Are you trying to bruise all the parts of my body?’ he asked as he sat up and starred harshly at me.

            I had leant over the edge as soon as he disappeared out of my sight, taking most of the duvet with him. ‘You were the one who pulled away. And no, I’d rather you remain unhurt.’

            He stayed sat on the floor. ‘Oh and I wonder why that is.’ He hauled himself up and sat on the edge of the bed as he had done the night before. ‘I do appreciate the wake up kiss though.’

            Smiling to one side, I sat up from leaning and pushed myself closer to him. ‘I wasn’t quite done when you fell off.’

            He slipped his hands each side of my waist. ‘Then, I guess, we’d both be happier if you finish.’

            I did want to say ‘I agree’ but before I could open my mouth enough to say even one syllable, his lips were already on mine. A couple of years ago if someone had told me I would end up in a bed with a guy I hardly knew and ended up kissing him, I would have thought they were insane. This behaviour was totally unlike me but after three years living a life I had only ever dreamed of in my sleep, it was safe to say I had changed a lot.

            There wasn’t much complication to our kissing; we kept our lips shut and only pressed them together. It didn’t last very long either; when we separated, he winked at me as he put a hand in mine. Not really knowing what that meant, I pulled my hand away and went to stand up.

            ‘Shouldn’t you... be getting changed? Not here though,’ I added quickly before he started to strip; I wasn’t ready for that yet.

            Not knowing he had even stood up, he wrapped his arms around me and I almost yelped. ‘That sounds like a good idea.’ He stepped to my side and kissed me on the cheek. ‘I’ll catch you later then.’ And with that, he unlocked my door and disappeared out into the hallway.

*****

            It was early afternoon, a few days later, when I began to wonder when I should maybe leave. I still wanted to go to Fordem but I had a little complication that I hadn’t expected that threw my plans out of sync. Also, I hadn’t heard anything more about the possibility of that other dragon and neither had Frain caused any troubles with his eating habits. Frain, though, was cleverer about what to do about eating, especially after the incident with the villagers when we landed. Instead of preying on the local livestock (as he would have done in any other circumstance), he flew the few miles to go fishing or to try and find any open wandering deer. When I had visited him the day before now, he was starting to complain that he wasn’t really hunting the way a dragon would naturally and he was beginning to get rather bored of the taste of fish. I had been munching on some apples but they would do no good to him.

            I had also started to get a little bored of Baedon; I knew its streets all too well and there wasn’t much for me to do since most people would avoid me (even if they thought I didn’t notice). The only real problem was that I’d be leaving Seb here; I didn’t plan on letting him come with us and that meant the possibility of hurting him. It would take a bit to explain but I had to mentally convince myself he was merely a crush and at the same not upset him too much.