Chapter 9: The Journey to Witch's Mountain

The wind was howling accompanying the soft rustling of the trees and grasses, the late morning sun heating down the pathway they took. Boots and shoes crack against the slightly rocky roads and thus a groan ensures.

"Oh lord, are we there yet?!" Satoshi was always the first to break down in such impatience, for comic relief of this situation.

"Not yet..." Peter was tired of Satoshi's whining though.

The Shizuno siblings and the Jokers finally set off their journey to the Hollow Cackles Mountain on their own, with no protection and guidance from the four Kingdoms. They set off the first thing in the morning since that night.

It was a bit sad, Minori would miss the kingdoms and all of its rich culture and goods. Sakura is sad to see her newly made friends off, knowing that they will never see each other again and Satoshi...just being Satoshi (he misses all of the cool stuff and food though).

Even though they insisted, King Ludwig is especially not trusting those two Jokers to keep an eye on the children but the Jokers strictly said that they will take these three siblings alone, the Witch doesn't entertain royalty they said.

So here they are, dressed in rusty pants and jackets fit for hiking and long walks of adventure and journey with supplies and weapons following two dangerous crooks.

King Arthur didn't really trust the three with the weapons but he was insisted by other kingdoms that they'll be fine, critters are usually friendly at these parts of the forest, and hopefully they were right

Minori settled with an extendable axe, it looks like a small axe but when battle it extends to a certain length perfect for her grip and weight. Sakura has her frying pan but King Ivan gave her a slick looking sword, very awesome. Satoshi was given a...gun? Vash was slightly warming up to the boy on the last minute and gave him a simple looking gun, the two sisters prayed that all of his experience playing gun games helps him this time.

They are now miles away from the Kingdom of Spades, the kingdom's high castle walls cannot be seen in the distance either. No turning back now. Minori sighs to herself, it's been a long day, how long are they going to walk at this pace?

"Hey Gilbert—"

"It's Joker Gilbert to you missy!" The Joker calls from up ahead, cat ears twitching in annoyance. "Oh sorry...Joker Gilbert." Minori exasperated that part. "Would you know how to travel faster?"

"Oh well, there's this dragon that we can tame somewhere around here BUT zhat wouldn't work because it would take time and you will all die." Gilbert explains. "So, I'm gonna say no to that little miss—"

"...y"

The siblings disappeared behind them as they turned back to look at them.

"Well f*** it." Gilbert curses and Peter laughs.

.

.

.

"What on earth are you going to do THIS time Minori?!" Sakura wails as she brushes away vines and tree branches behind Minori while glancing behind to check on Satoshi who was keeping up quite well.

"Well since Satoshi and I can't take this slow pace, we might as well get that dragon tamed and FLY OUR WAY THERE~" Minori chimes, joyous of finding a dragon. Could it be like in 'How To Train Your Dragon?'

"You are totally insane..." Satoshi mumbles from behind them and his middle sister chuckles. "Insane is totally my middle name~"

.