Chapter Three

"How did it go?" Jacob's mother asked as soon as he walked through the front door.

          He shrugged and headed up to his room without answering his mum and ignored her calls for him. Honestly, the meeting had gone bad. Prince Chresanto wasn't at all how Jacob imagined would be like. He was rude, cruel and inconsiderate and worst of all, he had hurt Jacob in the worst way imaginable. His behaviour was completely appalling! If Jacob saw the man again it would be too soon.

          "Where's my favourite cousin?!" A voice boomed and Jacob's spirits immediately lifted because he knew who that voice belonged to.

          Rayan always came round when Jacob wasn't feeling too good or when he was hurt. He had asked about it once and the only reply he got was, 'Instinct' and that was that. He hadn't bothered asking Rayan about it again.

          The door to Jacob's room burst open and Rayan sauntered in, yeah, sauntered, his cousin was such a diva. He only showed this side of himself when they were alone. He carried a bag full of chocolates with him. Jacob's gaze was riveted to the bag the minute he laid eyes on it and even when Rayan greeted him, he replied back distractedly.

          The long haired youth huffed. "You want them?" Jacob nodded vigorously. "Tell me what happened."

          Jacob who was lying on his bed sat up and sighed. When he looked at Rayan, the older of the two had his 'serious face' on. The look seemed to say 'if you want this chocolate you're going to have to work for it' and Jacob was reluctant to talk about what had gone on at Prince Chresanto's manor.

          "Prince Chresanto hates me." Jacob said turning his face away from his cousin. There was a short silence before he lifted his head up and met Rayan's gaze.

          His cousin's eyes turned sympathetic which made him want to break down but he swallowed the lump at the back of his throat and looked away instead. Jacob didn't want Rayan's sympathy. He was fine. At least, that's what he told himself.

          "Well, he doesn't know what he's missing out on." Rayan soothed and sat down on the bed. His gaze had shifted back to his more usual 'I don't really give a shit' one. Jacob really didn't know how he did it. His cousin almost always approached everything with an impassiveness that he admired. The boy was wise and he was only older than Jacob by a few months. His eyes a piercing brown that made you feel as if you'd been stripped of your clothes and left exposed to his scrutiny.

          Jacob only hummed in response, still feeling a twinge of the rejection he'd gone through. Jacob heard Rayan sigh before he handed him the bag of sweets which made him perk right up. "Thanks, Ray!" Jacob grinned.

          Rayan chuckled and replied. "You're welcome."

Jacob munched on the chocolate and sighed in disappointment when they were finished. "What do you wanna do now?" Rayan asked while Jacob scrunched up the now empty bag.

          "Let's watch a film." He laughed at Jacob's simple answer.

          "Should've seen that coming." Rayan mumbled and just barely dogded the shoe Jacob threw at him. He laughed again and went to put in the film.

          The movie started and Jacob wasn't surprised to see Fast and Furious  flash across the screen. The boy loved cars. Fast cars.

                                                   *    *    *

          "Ray..." Jacob whispered halfway through the movie but his cousin didn't reply. "Psst! Ray!" Again, nothing. 'We'll see about that mister. No one ignores me like that and gets away with it!' Jacob thought pulling leg back and shoving Rayan off the bed with it.

          He fell with a loud thud and groaned getting up. He glared at Jacob. "What the hell, Jake!?" He yelled and a smirk pulled at the corner Jacob's lips.

          "You were ignoring me." He stated and Rayan glared even harder if possible.

          "Of course I was ignoring you, I was trying to watch the film." He growled massaging his butt as he stood up.

          Now it was Jacob's turn to glare. "Well, don't ignore me, I don't like it." He said looking away. Rayan's eyes softened immediately. He sat down on the bed and put his arm around his cousin's shoulder.

          "Since when?" He asked softly.

Jacob shrugged. "Today." He muttered looking down at his hands that were fiddling with the long sleeved jumper he had changed into sometime during the film.

          Rayan let out a breath and pulled Jacob closer to him. "It's okay, I won't ignore you again, well, unless I'm watching something good." He added jokingly. Jacob slapped his chest lightly and giggled non the less in reply which made him chuckle because boys don't giggle. No, they chuckle.