Chapter 7

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER AND LONG WAIT ;-; I'M GOING ON A CAMP NOW SO I THOUGHT I'D POST SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS TO READ. I'LL CONTINUE IT WHEN I GET BACKKKK. I'M SOWWY

~Edit~

Okay, done >< It's not that much longer but... :\ Welp...

-----------------------------

~Akashi~

Entering his apartment, Akashi plopped down on his couch with a yawn. He had just seen the band off, along with hundreds of excited fans, at the bullet train station. It was only 6:30am but the weather was already starting to get hot. My lessons start at 7:30am so I guess I'll take a short nap...

The band ended up staying at the beach till 10 swimming in the dark waters, telling ghost stories and staring at the beautiful night sky. It was even harder to navigate through the unlit path with only Momoi's torchlight and light from their phones and they ended up getting lost again, this time even more so than before. By the time they got to the train station, they realised that the last train had already left, resorting to them taking a cab to the hotel because it would cost too much to drive all the way to Midorima and Akashi's houses. It was way past midnight when they reached and the two ended up getting three hours of sleep on the floor before getting up again to send the band off and finally going home.

Akashi couldn't be bothered to crawl into bed so he curled up on the couch, quickly setting an alarm, dozing off almost instantly.

~Time Skip~

"Good morning Sensei" The students greeted as Akashi stepped into the classroom.

"Good morning, class. I have a question to ask all of you before we start" The redhead announced solemnly. The students settled down instantly, each looking at Akashi with their large, innocent eyes. Guilt pounded at Akashi's heart as he looked at each earnest expression, suddenly doubtful of whether he should have even considered leaving this class, this school at all. "So... Recently, I have been thinking of...  quitting this job... It's not because I'm fed up with teaching, or anything like that.  I'm just thinking of pursuing a new career. I haven't made a firm decision yet. I just want to ask for your opinions on this"

There was a long moment of tense silence as the students took in Akashi's words, shock and sadness etched clearly on each of their little faces.

"But Sensei... What are you going to be?"

"I'm thinking of joining a band"

All of a sudden, the students' expressions lightened, sadness replaced with awe and curiosity.

"Are you forming a new band? Or are you joining an existing one?" One students asked.

"An existing one. The Shadows"

The classroom erupted in excited chatter in an instant.

"Really?!"

"The Shadows?!"

"I went to the station this morning to see them!"

"I went to their concert!"

"Sensei, are you really joining The Shadows?! How did you get in?! Is it confirmed?!"

"The band asked me if I wanted to j-"

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?! The Shadows personally asked you to join them?! When are you leaving?!"

"Like I said, I haven't exactly made a decision"

"What?! Why Sensei?! This is a really really really reeeaaally rare opportunity! What if they changed their minds?! Why didn't you accept immediately?!"