Ch 5

CONNIE'S POV

I woke up to a strange environment around me. I lay on the bed, letting my brain rewind back to the day I was signed out of the hospital which I realised was yesterday. I yawned and stretched my arms. I looked around, where's Zayn? I dare not go out of the room. I'm just not ready to face the other boys. I want Zayn, my daddy. And as if to answer my question, the door opened but the person looking at me isn't Zayn. It's Niall.

NIALL'S POV

I wanted to check on Connie to see how she's doing. I opened the.door and saw Connie staring back at me with fear. Poor girl, she must be really scared right now.

"How are you doing?" I asked gently.

She didn't answer me. So I decided to approach her slowly.

"Don't be scared. You're perfectly safe with us. I'll protect you no matter what just like Zayn had promised you."

Her eyes grew wide at the mention of Zayn. She looked at the door. I understood immediately.

"You want Zayn do you?"

She nodded. My heart sank, at least she gave me a response.

"Wait here. I'm gonna go get him." And I left the room to find Zayn.

I went down the stairs and found Liam Harry and Louis watching tv.

"Guys, have you seen Zayn?"

"In your room I guess. He needed a nap." Louis said, his eyes still glued to the tv.

I went back up the stairs and headed straight to my room.

"Zayn wake up."

He grumbled.

"Niall, let me sleep."

"But Connie wants you."

His eyes shot open so fast I jumped.

"God, you scared me!"

Zayn chuckled and got off my bed.

"My no.1 priority now is Connie." and he went out of the room. I sighed and shook my head, following him behind.

CONNIE'S POV

"Hey baby girl, you ok?" I looked up and saw Zayn and Niall. I shook my head and Zayn went over to sit next to me.

"What's wrong?" Zayn asked.

"S...s...scared." I managed to stutter out between sobs. Zayn engulfed me into a hug. Niall left tue room and closed the door.

NIALL'S POV

I went down the stairs and plopped down on the couch next to Liam.

"You can never guess what I've just heard." I said to no one in paricular.

"And what may that be Niall?" Harry asked.

"Connie talked to Zayn."

"What?"

"Connie talked to Zayn."

All 3 of them turned to look at me.

"Are you making it up? Cus as far as I know, she doesn't speak to anyone of us." Louis asked.

"I'm sure. She wouldn't talk to me.when I asked her how she was. I called Zayn over and when Zayn asked what's wrong, she told him without any hesitation."

"What did she say?"

"Scared."

"Of what?"

"Dunno."

"Check on them for us please Nialler?" Liam told me.

"No."

"Pretty please?" Louis asked.

"No."

"Pweety pweety pwease?" Harry said, giving me puppy eyes. I groaned.

"Fine." I said and made my way up the stairs.

CONNIE'S POV

The door opened and Zayn turned his head toward that direction.

"Hey Nialler." Zayn said.

"Hey Zaynie." Niall answered back. "How's Connie?"

"Fine for now." Zayn said. I had buried my head into his shoulder so I couldn't see. I tried to breath stably but I find it too hard to control myself. Zayn began stroking my back.

"Take a deep breathe Connie. I'm here."

"Mate, she doesn't look right." Niall said worriedly. Zayn took a look at me.

"Get Liam."

Niall ran out of the room. I felt my lungs closing.

"Z...Zayn....c....can't b...breathe." I panicked. It was as if my lungs are shrinking and I couldn't get enough air. By now I was gasping for air.

Liam appeared and saw me.

"Get in the car now, we're going to the hospital."

Zayn rushed to the car and he began to tell me to breathe in and out continuously. Liam started the engine and he drove to the hospital as fast as he could. We arrived at the hospital and Zayn ran in with me still in his arms.

"HELP! MY DAUGHTER CAN'T BREATHE!" Zayn yelled.

Some doctors came and took me away from Zayn. I panicked again and it made my breathing worse. I began to cry and I frantically reached my hands for Zayn.

"Shhhh, they're gonna help you baby girl. You're gonna be fine." I heard Zayn tell me. The doctors ran away with me, leaving Zayn and Liam standing in the hallway. I slowly slipped into darkness and the last thing I heard was Zayn's voice crying out.

"NO!"