Chapter Nine: "Why are you such a little fucking cunt?"

The next morning the van was gone and so was Dylan and the rest of them. I woke up and got dressed. I collected my few scattered items from around the room and stuffed them into my bag. Ryan was still passed out on his bed. His face was squished against the bed and a pool of drool was under his mouth. I walked over to him and shook him awake. He jumped awake and looked around like he didn't remember where he was.
"Ryan get ready if you want to leave with me." He looked at me with a confused look on his face. "Why are you so confused?"
"Who less would I leave with. I'm guessing Dylan and the cult kids have already left, so were you just planning on leaving me here? You were just gonna ditch me?" Ryan asked with a hurt voice.
"No. I just thought maybe you were going to leave me." I said walking over to where Ryan's clothes were and picking them up.
"Oh fuck you!" Ryan said jumping up from the bed.
"What?" I asked completely confused by the suddenly hostility.
"You thought after I got my tongue in your mouth I would just be done with you? You think of me like that? Someone who would just threw people away?"
"No not at all! I didn't say anything like that!"
"But that's what you're thinking!" Ryan yelled.
"Dude just get dressed if you're coming with me." I threw his clothes at his chest and walked over to my stuff.
"You thought I was just using you. Didn't you?" Ryan said walking up to me, demanding my attention.
"Ryan no! I just," I paused taking a deep breath. "I just thought that you had better things to do with your time then hanging out with me. I don't even know where I'm going." I looked up at Ryan. His face was blank of expression and his eyes were fixed on me. He leaned forward and kissed me. He pressed his body against mine and pushed me on to my bed. Then the incurable happened, we did it. We sweat, and kissed. And most most importantly we fucked. Hard for about a hour, then we packed up and left. Since the moment we finished we hadn't send a word to each other. It was odd but it wasn't awkward.
We sat in the car and said nothing to each other. Ryan wasn't wearing a shirt for some reason still. His feet were up on the dash broad and his hand was hanging out the window. He took out his cigarettes and lighter, and tried to light his it. I heard him sigh and I looked over at him. I noticed that the lighter wasn't lighting and he sighed again. I pulled off the highway and into a small town.
"Where are we going?" Ryan asked putting the lighter into the cup holder.
"You need a lighter."
"It's fine."
"Ryan we literally have no time frame. We don't even know where we're going, we've been driving just west for a hour." I said pulling into a parking lot of a small convenient store.
"It's really okay Brendon."
"Dude let me get you a lighter." I said turning off the car.
"Okay." Ryan said with a slight smile. Ryan and I got out of the car, Ryan wearing sunglasses now but still no shirt. His pants were low on his hips and his white underwear were sticking out of the top. It's was a sunny day in where ever we were, the sun was shining off of Ryan's chest. Ryan followed me into the small store, the store wasn't any cooler than the outside. There was no one in the store, just a blonde teen girl behind the counter. Ryan wondered into the store, when I went straight to the counter for the lighter. I grabbed three lighters and put them on the counter.
"Ryan, are you getting anything else?" I called to him in the store, wherever he was. 
"Yeah. Give me one sec." Ryan called back from somewhere in the store.
"Is that your boyfriend?" The blonde girl asked me. Her face was covered in freckles and she had gum in her mouth that she was smacking.
"No." I said with a polite smile. Ryan was walking up with a handful of snacks and a couple magazines. He threw them on the counter and stepped back.
"Sure he isn't." She said under her breath beginning to ring up Ryan's stuff.
"Excuse me?" I said upset with her attitude.
"Oh and this." He said holding up some cake snack he was eating.
"Why are you not wearing a shirt?" She said with an unbelievable amount of sass. Ryan took off his sunglasses and starred her in the eyes.
"Why are you such a little fucking cunt?" Ryan said throwing the cake snack at her. She snorted when it hit her. Ryan walked over to a shelf and grabbed a huge book of condoms and dropped it on the counter. "We're going to need these too. I get more dick in a week then you will in your whole life." He laughed and yen turned to me. "Meet me out side, if I stay in here I'm going to have to fight this little cunt." Ryan grabbed one of his snacks and walked out. He left the store and I handed the girl a twenty dollar bill. She bagged my stuff and handed me my change, the whole time giving me a death look. Before giving me my bag she stared me in the eye and said:
"So he is your boyfriend." She smirk and gave me the bag. I grabbed the bag and walked out. "Have fun sucking each other's dicks!" She called after me.
"Have fun being a little fucking bitch." I called back. I walked out and found Ryan leaning against my car.
"Do you have my lighter?" I threw the whole bag at him. "She made you mad too?"
"She was like trying to prove that you were my boyfriend." I said getting in my car.
"Why is that upsetting? You don't want me to be your boyfriend?"
"It's not that I don't want you to be my boyfriend, it's just she like automatically assumed I was gay."
"What's wrong with being gay? I mean I'm not gay but I'm not upset with being called it." Ryan asked lighting a cigarette.
"Yes you are."
"What? No I'm not." Ryan said blowing out smoke.
"You literally just had sex with me like three hours ago." I said starring at him.
"That doesn't mean I'm gay. I like boys and girls, or anything that will fuck me. I like having sex, that's pretty much it."
"Is that all I was? Just sex?" I suddenly felt used and dirty. I felt like throwing up. The thought of Ryan having no interest in me made me sick.
"No. Brendon you're thinking to deep into. I'm just saying that I don't care what genitals look like as long as you fuck me well and treat me well. And you do both those things."
"Oh."
"Wait so why are you upset with being called gay?"
"I'm not." I said trying to end the argument.
"But you just said, you know what, whatever." I was glad Ryan wanted to finish this conversation too. I stared at the open road and wondered where I was driving.
"Ryan, where are we going?" I asked looking at the beautiful man next to me.
"Wherever. We have no limitations." Ryan said gesturing to the road. I reached across to the glovebox and grabbed the map.
"Pick a place." I said shoving the map in his chest.
"Whoah, whatever you want daddy." He said mocking me. He opened the map and stared at it for a good amount of time. "Oh, I know where." He said folding up the map.
"Where?"
"Pull over first."
"Why?"
"Brendon! Just do it please." Ryan said grabbing my arm and shaking it. I pulled to the side of the road and Ryan climbed out. I followed him out and watch him begin to go through his bag.
"What are you doing?" I asked walking up to him.
"I've been in these cloths since last night." He said as he stared to undress.
"Dude people can see you." I said trying to stop him.
"I don't care." He said pushing be back. He was now standing naked on the side of the highway. I just stared in amazement, he was so care free, the complete opposite of me. I started to laugh as he dug through his bag, throwing things out on the ground. "What?" He asked staring up at me with one eye squinted because of the sun light.
"Nothing, your just cute." He smiled and went back to digging. "So where are we going?"
"Colorado. I have friends there." He said pulling up a pair of underwear.
"Okay, so we can stay with them?" I asked watching him pull up a really tight pair of brown skinny jeans.
"Totally. What shirt?" He asked holding up a white tank top and a flowered collared shirt.
"I like the tank top. It shows off your arms." Ryan pulled on the tank top and collected his clothes. We got into the car and started our journey to Colorado.