Chapter Five: the dream

That night we went back to the RV park and I slept in my car. The night was freezing and I had to wear three of my sweatshirts to keep warm. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Dreams started to blossom and infold in my minds eye. At first I seemed to be sitting in a sunny field alone, but then I realized that someone sat next to me. I turned and saw it was Ryan. His guitar sat in his lap and he was strumming a sweet song on it. He was smiling a beautiful smile and was whistling to the guitar notes. Wind was blowing through his hair and his eyes were lit up with excitement. I noticed my hand sat on his knee, and my lips were in a smile. The dream went on like that for a while, but then Ryan stopped playing. He laid the guitar down next to him and turned to face me.
"You love me." He said smiling. I didn't respond. "You adore me." He said. "You love me." He repeated. "Don't lie to yourself Brendon. You want me. You need me." His words were soft but threatening. He turned back, picked up his guitar and went back to playing. I woke up as the sun rose above my car. I was utterly confused by this dream. I didn't like him, so why was my brain acting like I did? I though; it most just be because I'm tired, nothing more than that.