hurt feelings

Avias POV
The next week at cheer practice, Brailee and I told our coach we would love to be on the competition team. So right away she got us all signed up. Brailee and I were so excited we didn't stop talking the whole way home. Emmi was silent of course what else is new. She hasn't really spoken to me much since the whole car blowout last week.
-----------------------
"Guess whose on the competition team for cheer?" My dad said vlogging.
"We Are!!" Brailee and I shouted together as we got out of the car. Emmi got out on the other side and silently made her way inside. Brailee was spending the night because tomorrow we didn't have school because it was some teacher thing. "Come on Brai." I said grabbing my cheer bag and running inside, my dad following close behind with the camera. We put our bags in the kitchen and each grabbed and apple. We sat down at the counter to eat our snack. Emmi joined us but she still didn't say anything.
"Hey loofus how was cheer?" My dad asked pointing the camera at her. Emmi just shrugged her shoulders and went to her room.
"She is such a drama queen." I said. "Avia." My dad said turning off the camera.
"She's probably feeling bad because you to made the team and she didn't." "Come on Brai Brai let's go talk to her." I said now feeling bad. We threw our apple cores away and headed down the hall to Emmi's room.
"Hey em?" I called since her door was shut. No answer. So Brailee and I walked in to find Emmi sobbing in her pillow.
"What's wrong?" Brailee asked.
"You, you guess don't understand." Emmi said still crying.
"Is it because we made the new team?" I asked. Emmi shook her head yes.
"Just because you didn't make it doesn't make you any worse then us." Brailee said.
"Yeah maybe there was an age limit." I chimed in. Emmi's sobs were quieting down.
"How bout we go watch a movie then we can all sleep in my room tonight?" I suggested. So that's what we did.