chapter 20

Elsa

"Elsa. Wake up." A voice said but I was too tired to get up. Then I felt something wet on my cheek. My eyes opened wide to see Jack lying beside me. He had a smirk on his face. I pulled the cover up to my chest.

"What are you doing here? " I shouted. He covered my mouth with his hand.

"Shhh The maids would hear you . " he said.

I rolled my eyes . He removed his hand from my mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered yelled.

"I wanted to see how your face looks when you wake up in the morning. " he said.

"That's s weird thing to do."

"But you look cute when you wake up." He said.

I blushed at his statement.

"Awwwww Elsa's blushing. How cute." He said and pinched my cheeks.

"Stop it and get out. "

He pouted. "But I don't want to."

"Jack please I'm not dressed properly. "

He got up from the bed to my relief.

"Ten minutes. " he said.

"What? "

"I want you down by ten minutes or else I'm coming for you again. " he said and left.

I quickly got out of bed and ran into the bathroom.

I was down after ten minutes. The maids told me that Jack was waiting for me in the garden. I thanked them and went to meet him there. I saw him with a little girl. She was about ten years old and she was laughing at Jack.

I moved closer until Jack looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey Emma I'll  like you to meet my maid . " he said to the girl.

She looked at me and smiled.

"Hello I'm Emma. " she said cheerfully.

"I'm Elsa."

"Are you Jack's maid?"

I nodded.

She turned to Jack. "Fire her! " she told him and he laughed.

Why was he laughing? This little girl just told him to fire me.

"She's too pretty to be a maid Jack and I don't trust you around her." She said to Jack. I smiled at her compliment.

"Don't worry Emma. This is her last day. "He said. He turned to me

"Elsa this is my sister Emma. My parents travelled for another business meeting so they won't be back until next month. So I am to look after her."

Emma shook her head.

"No, dad said I should look after you." She said to Jack with her arms folded.

"But I'm the older one." Jack argued.

"Well I'm the prettier one." She countered.

I laughed at how childish Jack looked when he folded his arms and pouted.

"Elsa do you want to stay and have breakfast with us?" Emma asked.

"I wish I could but I have to go home. My mum is coming back today and I really  want to be home when she gets back."

She looked disappointed.

"Don't worry Emma. She'll join us another time." Jack said.

"Okay. It was nice to meet you Elsa. "Emma said and ran back inside.

I looked at how Jack smiled as she ran back inside. He really liked his little sister. I smiled at the side of Jack that I didn't know.

He must have noticed me staring because he looked at me and I felt my face turn red.

"I I I have to go." I stuttered and made my way to the front door. I said goodbye to the Butler and some of the maids that I knew.

I was about to leave the compound when I saw a blue car stop in front of me. It was Jack .

"Get in. I'll drop you off " he said. I got in and he drove to my house.

"Today was you're last day." He said to me. I nodded. My mum took a longer time than I imagined.

"Well it was nice while it lasted." He sounded disappointed.

"Are you going to find  a new maid?"

"I don't need a new maid." He said.

"Then you already have one to replace me with."

"I'm not getting a new maid. I have enough of them. "

I was confused. "Then why did you hire me?"

He shrugged.

"You wanted a job so I decided to give you one. It's no big deal."

I didn't say a word again. We continued driving until we got to my house. The gate and door was opened which meant my mum was home but I didn't understand the boxes that were outside. I got out of Jack's house and I saw my mum and some men carrying boxes out of the house.

"Mum what's going on?" I asked her.

"I got the job and I  am moving us to a new apartment. We don't have to live here." She said.

I was so happy to hear that. Jack was behind me so he must have heard it too. I turned around and saw him smiling at me.

"Congratulations. "He said.

"Thanks. I have to tell Anna. She will be so happy. "

"Well I have to go. I promised Emma I'll take her to the park " and with that he left.