CHAPTER 10

The scorching heat, was not letting Carl think straight ,he sat inside the car to take a break. “Two more drug stores to go sir”  Frank   ,a  junior officer . “Yeah ,let’s take a break now “ he said as he closed his eyes. His mind diverted as to why isn’t Eden letting Natalia find R.X.N , “Is he involved” he asked himself “No...no...it’s Eden...how can I  think like this” he said to himself . He got up and sat straight and called out to Frank “Hey Frankie!!,Lets go” he said .”Yes boss” Frank said as he drove to the next drug store.
       A small bell on top of the door made a soft chiming sound when Carl opened the door of J.J drug store. A man around his 30’s was working on his   computer. “Yes sir? may I help you” Janice asked Carl. “We are from the CIA , and we need some information about  a  drug you sell here. Named Oleander” he said . Vikram  immediately stopped typing and stood up from his place “What about it sir?”, he asked. ”Did anyone recently purchase the drug from your store?” Carl asked.”No ..no one purchased it...but, its missing “ he said . “What ? when did  it go  missing?” Carl asked .”Well I do a routine check every week .when I checked two days ago I   found it missing” Vikram replied .”Who do you think must have taken it?”  Carl asked .” I don’t know , only me and my wife Janice run the shop" he said . “Did  Richard Channing or his wife come to the store “ Carl asked “No Sir” Vikram replied “I have heard about the murder “ he said . “Yes, then you must have  heard what caused his death” Carl said sarcastically .”No sir “ Vikram replied .” Oleander” Carl replied staring at Vikram . “Wha?..” Vikram looked astonished and worried he looked at his wife who was as surprised as he was . “You better not be lying to me Mr.Mukarjee “ he said as he moved out of the store.Carl took his cell, and dialled Natalia’s number “Hey boss , we are near J.J drug store ,and the owner mentioned that the drug Oleander is missing” he said .“hmmm..looks like we found the store” Natalia replied .”But boss, we have nothing on him “ Carl replied disappointedly .” Hmm ,yeah I know....Do a background check on all the employees “ she instructed Carl “On it boss “ he replied . “And um....boss...” he said “Yes Carl” she asked . ”I think you better call Jeff McAlester he looked genuine to me ...he may have information about R.X.N” Carl said .”Carl....do what I asked you to do” Natalia said  furiously as she cut the call. “But...I” Carl heard a click and the call  was disconnected . “Well, I gave my best shot “ he said ,”Let’s go Frank” he said looking at Frank  “we have work to do” .