CHAPTER 16

Mrs. Olivia Rodgers was staring at the calendar in her beautiful home "How much time do I have left" she thought to herself "Why don't you just take me away Lord" she sighed . At the age of 93 she looked as though she had crossed 100 , all thanks to the stroke she had when she was 6years ago , she was paralyzed from her hip down ,she could not even sit on her own now, the only thing she could do is talk and move her hands by inches . But she was not the kind of person who would just lie down ,she would move around in her  electronic wheel chair tokeep her self busy whenever she wanted with a push of a button .

"Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing" she heard her door bell ring. "A visitor nice" she said to herself. She looked around and realized that her stay-home nurse had gone to the store to get her medicine. But she would never ring the doorbell she even had a set of keys of the house. "Who could it be? ",she thought as her daughter had just visited her . She opened the door . She saw three people standing at the entrance . "May I help you " she asked ."Mrs. Rodgers ,I am detective Natalia and this is officer Carl from the CIA and this is Mr. Jeff McAlester. Can we come in. . . This will take a few minutes" she said. " Is this about Richard?" Mrs. Rodgers asked "Yes" Natalia replied "Oh come in dear...I would ask if you wanted some tea but my stay-home nurse has just gone out to get my medicines . She prepares amazing tea you know" she said . "That's okay Mrs. Rodgers...May I know as in where you're daughter is right now?" Natalia asked . " Why do you want to talk to her?" she asked . "She is our suspect" Carl carelessly said. Natalia shot a furious look at Carl who now shrugged realizing his mistake. "What....my daughter .....Victoria ....a killer" the old lady said . "Are you out of your minds officer?" she asked . "You know who the killer is ,it was him Richard ,he used kill my daughter every day ,the poor girl could not even complain ,he was so powerful" Mrs .Rodgers said as tears rolled down her cheek . "Is that how a husband treats his wife" she asked . "Mrs. Rodgers we are really sorry, but we do want to know whether she was involved" Natalia said "That's it officers out of my house now" Mrs. Rodgers said furiously . "By throwing us out your daughter won't be less than a killer" Jeff said. "If she has killed Richard so be it , that monster had it coming" Mrs. Rodgers said. When the three went towards the door the door opened from the outside . A girl came in , she stood there frozen stunned looking at the 3 officers in front of her . Carl looked at her carefully ,it was ringing a bell but he was not knowing why she was soo familiar . "Janice dear please show these officer out ,and please give a cup of tea ,I have a bad head ache " Mrs. Rodgers told Janice her stay-home nurse ."Janice...that's it" Carl said . Janice tried to run but Carl caught up with her. "Nice to meet you again Mrs. Janice Mukerjee " Carl said "Looks like we know who stole the Oleander after all ,don't we" he said.