CHAPTER 14

Anxiety was killing her , beads of sweat were tumbling down her forehead, she was continuously hitting the desk with her fingers in the interrogation room . "Waiting is the hardest part" Martha thought to herself. The door swung open as Carl walked in with a file that read 'Forensic Report'.
"Good Morning" Carl wished her as he took his seat. "May I know why I am here" Martha asked Carl . "Because you knew exactly which cue stick Mr.Channing was going to use didn't you ?" he asked her." What!! I don't understand" she said." You knew which was Mr.Channing's lucky cue stick" he said as he showed the pictures in the file "He was poisoned, and the traces were found in this cue stick and guess who put it there ...well I'm rooting for you" he said.
"This is insane" she said "I was just trying to be helpful" she said."Do you know what else he liked .Cause to me it looks like you know a lot about him." He said." And you know what I think, I think you had an affair with Mr. Channing and when you got to know you can't have him you planned this perfect murder" he said . "This is absurd...I didn't and I wouldn't ....." she said furiously "And why am I suppose to believe you?" he asked . "I wouldn't do anything to make Mrs .Channing feel bad "she said with a sigh. "I'm sorry what did you say?" he asked sarcastically. Martha took a deep breath. "What is it Martha?" Carl asked. "I don't want you to mention my name in this " she said. Carl nodded."Mrs. Channing is a wonderful lady, she is very loving, takes care of everything, but her fate ...her fate just cheated her... that she got married to Mr. Channing, he was so rude to her .They used quarrel daily, he had never supported her..." she said "Sometimes I hear her cry in her room...I feel very bad for her" she said."That monster did not deserve her" she said furiously . "Hmmmm..." Carl thought for a while and asked "Do you think that Mrs. Victoria Channing had anything to do with the murder?". "I...I don't know" she replied . "Where is Mrs. Channing now?" Carl asked. "She is at her mother's place" Martha replied. "Okay, you're free to go" Carl said "For now".