CHAPTER 3

A huge group of people assembled outside the Channing residence. Clicking pictures of anyone in sight outside the house .Reporters slamming the gate, eager to catch any tiny information they get.

A sweet fragrance in the air ....... a collection of antiques on the table..... A carpet beautifully spread on the floor.....A table covered with baize, with six pockets and an arch laying on top of it with the cue and other stripes scattered .Below was a glass of wine that fell on the brown carpet with most of the drops having dried .Next to the glass was a man around his 60's lying on the soft carpet, antiseptic without any movement not knowing that he is the talk of the town. Sounds of 'snap' everywhere as the CIA were taking pictures of the body. A woman sitting on a chair beside the table crying as she could not believe her eyes the sight of her husband's body. Natalia examined the body; "He was poisoned" said Dr.Judith the forensic doctor, "Take a look at his fingers...." as she touched the fingers of the corpse that had turned purple now "Wow, that's a clear sign" Natalia said. "What else have we got," she asked Carl."Before he died he was playing snooker with his partner Marcus, immediately as he drank the wine he collapsed" Carl replied. "Hmmmmmm.......Any traces of poison in the glass?" she asked Dr.Judith."Well.....can't find any traces now....but I will let you know once a detailed examination is done" she said as she examined the wine glass. Natalia moved towards the sobbing woman, with a look of sympathy Nat asked her "Ma'am are you able to tell me what exactly happened here?"Mrs. Victoria Channing did not respond for a moment. She was staring at the floor with her eyes all soaking wet. She took a deep breath and said "He was just playing...and then...." she broke down."I understand......It must be really difficult for you "Natalia said,"Was there anyone threatening him.....any phone calls, letters?" she asked "No.....but he had lot of enemies .....It's obvious he has put a lot of people behind bars" Mrs. Channing replied. "Mr. Channing's assistant had told us that he was playing snooker with Marcus.....do you have any idea where he is now?" Natalia asked. "He.....Oh yes, he had to leave early as he got a phone call.....looked like it was some kind of an emergency" she said. "Can you please give us his address?" Natalia asked "Yeah.....sure" Mrs. Channing replied. "Carl take down the address" Natalia ordered Carl. Carl started taking down the address. Natalia walked towards  a table, on the table was a photo of the couple, an antique vase with yellow lilies in it .Next to it was a phone with an answering machine .She played it. The first message played "Mr. Channing this is to inform you that your Visa will be arriving shortly". She played the next message "Hey ,Victoria this is Katy, Just to remind you my grandson's birthday is this weekend please do come", after about 8 miscellaneous messages ,when Natalia clicked the next button .It was a music....as if someone was playing the violin, a soothing and beautiful melody. Natalia immediately froze."Music.....Why would someone do that "Carl asked Natalia did not reply as she was shocked to hear it "Boss....are you alright?" Carl asked."Boss....." he asked again. Everyone now stared at Natalia. "I......I have to go" Natalia said as she stormed out of the room, sat in her car and with a screeching sound drove off. "What the hell just happened ", Carl asked, who was confused."She needs some time" Judith replied.

Carl, now totally worried about his career thought  "I have got the best case.....I don't want to ruin it......How can a person just leave like that in the middle of an investigation". He took his phone and contacted Eden. "She what???.....how could she do such a thing" Eden furiously replied."I have no idea sir" Carl said worried "Looks like I will have to do the rest of the investigation myself" he said. "No...we will continue the investigation tomorrow ....she is your senior....we cannot continue without her....I will talk to her" Eden said "But...but sir" as Carl replied ,"No more question....go home and get some rest" Eden said and cut the call. Carl disappointed thought "This is my case too". 

................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys ,

Hope you are  enjoying the story ,don't miss the next few chapters .

Don't forget to vote .....

lots of love 

SS :p