CHAPTER 5

It was a quiet night, Natalia sat on her couch, with one glass of scotch after the other until she was totally wasted, replaying the music in her mind again and again. She threw the glass with frustration "LEAVE....ME...ALONE!!!" she cried out loudly."I....I can't take it anymore" she screamed. Suddenly, she stopped as she heard the sound of a violin, the same soothing music she heard in the Channing residence "This can't be happening "she said with fright and shock. The lights immediately turned off , "Oh nooo" she thought , Natalia slid and took her gun ,she then followed the music, room after room , she tiptoed as she moved cautiously , when she reached the guest room she found a small lamp lit ...the door left half open, she slowly opened the door with her gun pointed to whoever was inside the room...she saw a man, his back facing her, he was wearing a black hat and a long black coat above his tuxedo and was playing a violin ,when Natalia entered the room ,he stopped playing , "I knew you would come" he said with his back still facing her "What do you want ?" she asked . He turned to Natalia, his face not clearly visible due to the darkness, and he said "You... Sunshine" with his gun pointing at her .Natalia heard a ringing sound, the ringing got louder and louder, it was too loud "What the hell is that "she exclaimed." Stop that noise ","What is it!!!!.......stop it!!!" she screamed. A bullet fired from the man's gun as Natalia fell down.

Ring.....ring....ring, the sound of her landline ringing caused Natalia to wake up."Shit..." she thought, she was still very hazy, with little energy she had she received the phone "He...Hello" she said "What in the world is wrong with you ?"said the other line. "Eden? Sir? Is that you?" she asked.

"Yes, Natalia is everything alright? Carl told me everything" Eden said. "No....everything is awful ...he is involved in this case Eden ,R.X.N is involved in this case," she said ,"Nat look I totally get it I would have reacted the same way ......if you need a day off I totally unders..." Eden said as Nat interrupted "No ......no trust me I am fine." She said "You must understand that R.X.N is involved...."."Natalia listen ,I have no time for this right now just check your phone and meet Carl ....." he instructed her. "Bu...but just lis..." and the other end disconnected . Natalia disappointed sat on her couch, with a sigh.

She played the messages on her answering machine. The first message said "Hello Ms.Natalia this is Adele calling from the DDSC news and would like to know the updates of the case", she ignored it and played the next "Good morning officer this is Greg calling from the California Daily I would...." she cut it played the next ." Hello, this is Jeff McAlester calling from the' Worldview News' and would like..." with a "urrrghhh" Natalia played the next message ."Hey, Boss ,this is Carl we are at Marcus's place....meet you there " he said. "It's time to go, Nat," Natalia told herself. She got up, splashed water on her face and got ready to leave.