CHAPTER 31: DRACO MALFOY CAN BE KIND OF SCARY SOMETIMES

Throwing open every door they found was not the greatest plan that they'd ever had. By the time they'd rushed through almost all of them, Ron's stomach had grumbled more times than Draco cared for, and he would have gladly punched the red haired Weasel in the face if not for Pansy's warning glare.

Draco growled to himself and kicked open another door, his nails digging into the flesh of his palms when it was empty once more. The ring on his finger didn't offer any more help.

Draco rushed ahead, turning the corner into a smaller corridor and his blood froze in his veins.

What was this feeling...this sick feeling in his stomach? He felt like someone was clenching his heart from within his body. He clasped at his chest and Pansy and Blaise, who'd followed after him, glanced at each other in horror.

The rings that Draco and Hermione were wearing, connected their lives together, if Draco was in this much pain, then Hermione...

"She's in there," Draco gasped out, pointing at a heavy wooden door. It was locked, and otherwise looked like any of the other doors that they'd seen, but neither Pansy nor Blaise argued against it or asked why.

"Potter, Weasely, we've found her. Get your asses here." Blaise called to the two men, who sped up. Harry and Ron ran over to them, and glanced at the locked door in confusion, "how do you know she's in here?" Harry asked, wiping sweat from his brow.

Blaise opened him mouth to explain, but Draco stood up suddenly, his face grim but ready for anything, "shut the hell up Potter," he muttered before yelling "BOMBARDA."

The door blew open and the lot of them rushed in, ready for anything.

However, whatever they had been expecting, this was not it.

Not only did the door not lead to a room, but the sight that met them left all of them dumbfounded. It led to a forest, and by the darkness around them, Draco assumed that this was part of the Forbidden Forest that wasn't as well known to everyone.

Draco turned around and observed the solitary standing door in the middle of the forest. It was completely disconnected from Hogwarts itself, but through it, he could see the hallway of the dungeons they'd been in before.

This was strong magic, and Draco felt his heart beat faster in his chest. Where was Hermione?

Fortunately, it appeared as though whoever had taken Hermione through here, had been here quite a lot. Through the knee high grass, they could all make out a downtrodden pathway of sorts that curved into the dark trees ahead, like an ominous sign begging them to walk in.

"What the hell kind of a place is this? Does this mean we're not that far from Hogwarts?" Blaise asked, testing the ground with his feet like he was afraid that it would swallow him whole.

"No, we're pretty far from Hogwarts, but this is definitely part of the Forbidden Forest...why would anyone want to bring Hermione here?" Harry asked, looking around themselves.

"Who the hell cares? Just help me find her," Draco scowled, before heading into the forest, following the well-trodden pathway. He could hear them all following behind him, and he clenched the wand in his hand tighter, aware that he was only one who was armed in this situation. When it came down to a fight, he would be the only one capable of doing anything, and he had to be prepared for it.

The pathway wasn't long, and in fact, within just a few minutes of following it, Draco found himself at a graveyard and froze at the sigh that met his eyes. The others, seeing his still form, fell mute and crept up next to him, their eyes widening and their mouth hanging open at what they were seeing too.