Chapter 1

My parents said I wasn't allowed to talk to strangers on social media. They said it'd get me hurt. But they abuse me, why should I listen? But little did I know, they were so right...
(Warning: Trigger Warning throughout the entire story, sorry guys!)

----------Beginning--------

"Runners take your marks! Get set!"
CRACK!
The starter gun sounded and the runners were off. I was in this to win the 100m dash state championship. I didn't blink for the whole stretch. The whole world got quiet as I ran down the track, not looking to my side. I then blink once and I'm across the line. I lost. By a toe. I congratulate the winner and walk back into the stands. "Great job, Nate! You gave it your all," I heard my teammates say. I took off my spikes and walked to my car. I told the coach that I was sick after that and that I was going home. He said it was alright, so then I went and hopped in my car for the three hour drive back home. I look down at my phone and see that she texted. Damn, we'd been dating for not even a month and I had already fallen for her. Too bad she lives in Mississippi, and I live in Kentucky. The text reads, "Hey baby. I hope you won your race. Text me or call me when you get home. I love you bunches."
I smile and put my phone down and hit the ignition, my car starting instantly and quietly purring, waiting to go home. I plug my aux cord into my phone, and turn on a mix of Hollywood Undead, Deuce, and various other bands.

I hit the highway right as my favourite song comes on. I hum the intro to it and start banging on my steering wheel. I scream along with the song, "UNDEAD! YOU BETTER GET UP OUT THE WAY! TOMORROW WE'LL RISE SO LET'S FIGHT TODAY, YOU KNOW, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK OR SAY, CAUSE WE'LL ROCK THIS WHOLE PLACE ANYWAYS!"

I turn it up louder and I laugh as all the loose objects start shaking and rattling as the drums bang in the song to Johnny's verse. I bang my head and bang my hand on the wheel, as I pick up speed to pass a car. I do a perfect Formula One style pass on them. I then forget the rest of the world as I drive on home.

***Time Shift***

I open up the door to my room, throwing my bag to the floor. I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial her number. After a couple rings, she picks up.
"Hello?"
"Hey baby."
"Haha, hey Nate. How was it?"
"I lost by a toe, it really sucks."
"Awe, poor baby. Good thing I love you so you can be happy."
"Haha, yeah. I love you too."
We talk for about and hour and a half before I start falling asleep. I fall asleep after we hang up then I wake up to my dad screaming at me.
"Why the fuck haven't you taken out the trash, you worthless piece of shit?!"
I roll my eyes and respond,
"Dad, I was focused on state."
"State doesn't fucking matter! I don't have to let you do track! But the trash is your fucking chore!"
I sigh and get out of bed and as I go to stand up, his fist connects with my cheek.
"That's for making me wait, you invaluable cunt!"
I get up and take out all the trash in the house, then I go into my room and lock my door.
I mumble to myself, "Where'd I put that fucking box..."
I look around the room for my black shoebox, as some very important things are in there. I find it at the top of my closet and smile. I sit on my bed and open it. Bloody razors and lighters are inside.
"Good thing I haven't told Ash about this..."
I pull out a lighter and start it, the flame teasing me as it dances in the air. I pull down my socks and press the flame to my ankle. I softly groan and wince in pain, waiting for the skin to turn red. As soon as it does, I put the lighter back in the box and put it under my bed. I'd probably be needing it again tonight. I then lie down, thinking of Ash as I fall into a heavy sleep.

(A/N. Hi guys! This is my first attempt at writing a story. I hope you all like it. Remember to comment and stuff! Wanna contact me? Kik and insta: phantomundead . SC: dhg.jdog . Have a good day/night for wherever you are!)