Chapter 3. Together

Sally's life changed a little after that, Tommy would follow her because they had the same time tables. She felt pity as he didn't have any friends to rely on like she did so she didn't really mind if he followed her, they had science next, Sally's worst subject! She didn't understand anything about science, her science teacher would always go on about chemicals, reactions, magnesium, chloride, oxygen and other boring stuff. She would often doodle behind her exercise book.

Sally was thinking of striking up a conversation with Tommy, she didn't want things to get too awkward between them. He was quite a fast walker, she tried catching up with him incase he went the wrong direction. "So are you okay?" she asks him.

"W-what?"

"Are you okay?" she repeats herself.

"Oh, yeah," he says.

'It seems like he's caught up and lost in his own little world', thought Sally to herself. "What do you think of Mr Hopper? He's fab, isn't he?" she asks him once again but enthusiastically this time. "Fine," he replies. 'He always gives short answers and never asks me anything,' thought Sally.

"Oi depressed freak, I'll catch up with you at break time, yeah? You better not bring your girlfriend with you or else you're in for it. FREAK!" whispered Amanda in his ear. Sally wasn't sure what Amanda was whispering to him, she didn't want to ask him or get involved because Amanda and her so-called gang could do her some serious damage.

"Sally?" asks Tommy, she gives him a look again. It felt nice how he said her name for the first time, she never experienced such a feeling before. "C-c-can I sit next to you? Only if you want?" he asks. "Sure!" she smiles.

Gemma and Sophie continued with their giggling. "Ooooo," whistled Gemma, she did the wolf whistle, this really got on Sally's nerves. "Sally, nice boyfriend you got there! I never knew them emo scene boys were your types?" said Sophie stupidly.

"Shut up! Tommy's just a mate, I hardly know him. How can you guys be so stupid? Idiots!" said Sally angrily, she couldn't believe that her only best friends could think like this, they were like Amanda wanna-be's.

Even Tommy was there and he heard everything, he just got out his stuff and sat down, pretending like he didn't hear anything. Sally was surprised that he didn't get angry or say anything back to them. She shrugged to herself and sat down next to him.

{PLEASE VOTE!}