Chapter 13. Accident

She ran and suddenly tripped over, falling face flat. A shadow was over her, an arm came across her face and picked her up.

"YOU? You're so fast!"

Tommy to the rescue.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"WHAT? ME? YOU WERE JUST.. THERE.. WITH ME.. YOU JUST... IT WAS Y-"

"Calm down Sally. That was nothing, okay? Just zip it. Shhhh.."

"I'm not a baby!"

"You're my baby." He tickles her and ruffles her hair. "Look, messy sex hair!"

"Tommy, can you not?"

"Not, what?"

"Nothing."

So funny how instantly someone's mood can change!

"I got detention at lunch. Forgot to do the Science homework, wait for me?" He asks.

"Of course, sure!" She smiles.

"Cool."

"Sorry," they both said it at the same time and exchanged grins.

Everything's back to normal.

* * *

"Okay, wait here, Sally. Okay?" He instructs her, pointing to the place near the stairs.

"I'm not a kid!" She complained but he didn't pay any attention.

It had been almost five minutes yet there was no sign of Mr Luscombe anywhere. She entered the classroom and there was only Tommy whistling to himself and doodling something on his hand.

"Where's Mr Luscombe?" he asked.

"No idea. You might need to wait here for five more minutes."

"Alright."

She steps out the classroom, looking at presentations on the wall and reading small scientific facts. A hand was on her shoulder, it was Amanda and Dave but no Reece this time.

"So you thought after all these months we'd leave you alone, eh?" asked Amanda.

"Hahahaha! I think we're scaring her." Laughs Dave.

"Aww, are we scary?"

Sally clenches her fists, she wanted to punch Amanda right in the face.

"Go away," says Sally.

"What was that?" asked Dave.

They took Sally near the stairs.

"You're scared," teased Amanda and eventually Dave joined in. Sally took one step back and then another, they were approaching her and another and then a push...

"AAAAH!" The scream was short but loud. Tommy quickly came out of the classroom, Sally was rolling and falling down the stairs.

"SALLY!"

She stopped still, there was a small blood puddle. Tommy runs after her and rubs her hand.

"Sally, I'm here!"

No answer.

"Sally!"

Still no answer.

He stroked her hair, there was blood on his hand.

Mr Luscombe, most of the teachers and most of the whole school came running to see the incident. Screaming, shouting and tantrums were building up the noise.

"SILENCE!" Shouted one of the teachers, "Call the ambulance! Hurry up!"

"Tommy, leave it to us. Go." Said Mr Luscombe.

"Sir, I'm not leaving, Sally!" He continues rubbing her hand.

'Someone did this to, Sally! It's my fault, I should've told her to come in the classroom. Why? I'm the murderer. It was me.' Thought Tommy, he blamed himself over and over again, poisoning his mind with negative thoughts. Hating himself.

The ambulance came and Sally was whisked away, Tommy slowly let go of her hand and whispered, 'Don't leave me.. Sally. I love you.'

"Sir. Please let me go with Sally. Please, I need her," begs Tommy, he was desperate and his heart and throat was aching with pain.

"Okay lad, you may go if you must. I need to inform your parents just to tell them where you are," said Mr Luscombe.

Tommy was next to Sally, calling her name over and over again.

'If there is a God please don't let anything happen to Sally. She doesn't deserve this, I do. God save her.'

{PLEASE VOTE!}