Chapter 14. Hospital

"Sorry, you need to wait outside." Said the nurse closing the door.

Mr Hopper was with Tommy before saying a word to him he sat next to Tommy, folding his arms.
"Tommy, everything okay?"
Tommy clenched his fists, playing with his fingers and looking on the floor. He wasn't ready to give an answer. Doctors came running past by collecting blood.
"How's Sally?" Asked Mr Hopper, immediately.
"Her condition is critical, she's lost a big amount of blood. Please, be seated."

"Sally..."
"Calm down Tommy, Sally will be fine! Keep hope."

'She was right. Mr Hopper is fab. No crying, Tommy. You're not a girl. He's right. Sally will be fine. I'll take good care of her this time. I promise.'

Before you know it, Sally's parents came.
"Where's Sally?" Cries her mother.
"Mr and Mrs Baldin, Sally is being treated at the moment. Please sit down, your Sally is a fighter. She'll be fine."

'Sally? She's my Sally, I love her the most. They don't understand, they don't . . .'

Her mother bursts into tears.
"Martha! Please get a grip. Our Sally's a fighter, remember?"

* * *
The clock struck 6 pm, it seemed like Sally was in deep sleep. Everyone was impatient especially Tommy.
'I was there. I should've stayed with her. I hate myself. Why did I leave her? Whoever did this to her won't be spared by me.'
"Tommy, you should go home. Your parents will be worried," insisted Mr Hopper. "We're all here for Sally."
"No sir. P-please, let me stay with her."
"Okay, just try calming yourself down."

The doctor comes, his face doesn't seem too cheerful. He looks more like Albert Einstein's twin brother.
"We are trying, really. We don't know if we can save her. She's drifting into coma. We have to wait until she wakes-"
"NO!" Shrieks Sally's mother.
"Mrs Baldin, the doctor is simply trying to explain that Sally is still alive. She's only sleeping. Please, keep hope."

Tommy stands up, he gives a rude stare at the doctor.
"Listen, boy." Began the doctor, "Sally banged her head thus led to brain damage. We've supplied her with new blood, we've tried our hardest. Please co-operate with us."

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SALLY!" Screams Tommy, at the top of his voice. He sees the nurse coming out of the room and runs.
"Boy! You can't go in there!" Called the doctor, after him. It was too late, Tommy locked the door and he saw Sally on the bed. She had an oxygen mask and was breathing heavily and deeply, a big bandage was covering her forehead and plasters were on her arms. He came over to her and kneeled down.

"Sally, wake up! Please wake up, Sally. This is all my fault, I shouldn't have pushed you. It was my anger, I couldn't help it. Please wake up, Sally! I need you! I am so sorry!" he cries and shouts, holding on her hand tightly. "Sally, you're listening to me, aren't you? If you don't get through this then I promise you that I will kill myself. We can be together in another life. With no bullies, fights, obstacles, pain, suffering and lies. Just please wake up, please. You're my reason for staying alive. Please..."

A tear fell from his eye and landed on a small part of Sally's nose. He puts his head down and closes his eyes, hoping over and over again.
'I deserve this, not Sally.'

There was banging and shouting coming from the door.
"OPEN THE DOOR, NOW! YOU'LL ONLY MAKE HER CONDITION WORSER," shouted the doctor.
"I'm phoning the police," said Sally's father.

Tommy ignored the voices, he pretended that Sally and him were far far away. Just both of them, together.
"You can do this. You're almost there," he said, trying to bring back flashbacks. "Don't be shy, j-j-just open your e-eyes. I believe in you." He brings his face closer to hers and says, "I love you." He breathed the words in her face. "I will always love you, no matter what."

A finger shook, he lifts his head up.
"Tommy.. T.. Tommy.... Tommy," She whispers silently and slowly begins to open one eye and then the other.
"Sally, I'm here. Always for you."

"OPEN UP IN THERE! IT'S THE POLICE. OPEN OR WE WILL BE COMPELLED TO BREAK THIS DOOR."
"Hold on!"
Tommy gets up to his feet and unlocks the door. To everyone's delight and amusement they found Sally as well, she's regained conciousness.
"It's a miracle!" Smiled the doctor. "Tommy's kept her alive and distracted her."
"Thank you so much, Tommy!" Cries Sally's mum, she rushes to her daughter.

"Tommy can I talk to you outside, in private?" Asked Mr Hopper.
"Sure," he gave Sally a nod, a reassuring smile and an "I'll see you soon" looks.

{PLEASE VOTE!}