Thirteen**Chloe

"OH! THERE IS A TERRIBLE WITCH IN THAT HOUSE WHO SPEWED HER POISEN OVER ME AND SCRATCHED ME WITH HER LONG FINGERNAILS."

-THE OLD WOMAN IN THE WOOD; BROTHERS GRIMM

"My, my Princess Autumn, look how much you have grown. It feels like yesterday when you were cursed." The stranger came close to touch a strand of Autumn's hair. She smacked it away while I stared at her in surprise.

"Now, that we've officially appreciated my splendor, tell us who you are." She demanded. The Queen didn't seem to mind Autumn's impolite behavior to someone she didn't even know.

"What do you want?" Queen Belle grabbed her daughter's arm in protection. "Haven't you taunted us enough? Stay away from my daughter."

The old woman laughed, throaty and wheezing. "Do you remember that time when I told you that you would never break this curse?" She asked thoughtfully.

"It's not an event that you forget so easily." Queen Belle answered coolly.

"No, I suppose it isn't." The woman smirked and looked at me, giving me a look like, really, this is it? "Who are you?"

I opened my mouth to but Autumn demanded an answer before the creepy hag did. "She is a friend, but I asked you first. What is your name? Why are you here? And how do you know me?" Rapid questions were flying out of her mouth on rapid fire.

"Hasn't your mother taught you any patience?" She tsked while shaking her head, feigning disappointment. "I guess we'll just have to move on. Has your mother not told me about you?"

Queen Belle laughed humorlessly, completely out of character. "I had a lot to say." She said, and was that a smug smile tugging at the corner? "So, Autumn knows pretty much everything about our encounters."

"Goodie." The woman said sarcastically. "So you know who I am then?"

Autumn looked thoughtful for a moment before her eyes widened. "So you're the witch?" It was meant to be a statement but ended up like a question. I felt a little bad for her. Out of all the times the old witch had to come now, expected to do more taunting—sorry "helping".

"Oh." The witch said. "Let's not label ourselves, you can call me by the name I was given."

"Believe me; I have plenty of names for you. But 'Witch' just sounded so appropriate." Queen seethed.

"Belle, darling Belle, that was sixteen years ago since I last came here, I've got the grey hairs on my head to prove it. There's no need to be bitter." The Witch rolled her eyes. "My name is Arya. Actually," She corrected. "It's a longer name and way more complicated but I choose to spare you."

"But you couldn't make that same decision when you cursed me?" Autumn asked, shrugging her shoulders in irritation.

"One." Arya held up her index finger. "I was twenty two years old when I cursed your father, young and arrogant." She admitted. "I'm not saying I regret it."

"It sounds like you are saying that you could've done better." Autumn accused.

"Oh, I know I could've done better, but when I cursed him, I didn't exactly read all of the details in the book. At least it taught him not to be so narcissistic all the time." Arya shrugged. "So, yes, I could've better but you can't expect me to admit that so, I taunted you and said you would never break, trying to make it seem like it was my plan the whole time. Plus, he got something good out of it didn't he?"

Queen Belle gasped. "You went through all of that trouble for that?"

"What can I say? I like my pride."