Venomous Meetings

"DON'T LET THAT MONSTER GET AWAY!"

It was just a normal day in New York City, well almost normal. With heroes from S.H.E.I.L.D always saving the day, there was never a dull day in the city.

But for one web-slinging warrior, he was chasing one of his worse enemies, the symbiote Venom.

Originally known as Eddy Brock, he bonded with the alien symbiote for a chance at revenge against Spider-Man. But the symbiote took over his body and was now fully in control of his body. A mindless beast that had one goal in mind: eliminating Spider-Man.

Venom was currently on the run from Spidey after a fight with Carnage. The crazed lunatic had fled the scene and left Venom to deal with the hero. Venom hissed as he felt the wounds on his back deepening. He had to lay low quick. He swung to another building before Spider-Man swung in front of him.

"Give it up Venom! We both know that the good guys always catch the bad guys." Spidey quipped, using his webs to swing back and forth on the buildings.

"You and the police are going to have a hard time catching me then!" Venom snarled, shooting a good amount of webbing in the hero's face. When he was blinded, he landed on one of the window sills of an apartment building.

"Well if this ain't good luck for me, an open window!" Venom cackled as he slipped inside. He lowered himself under the sill as he heard the web-slinger twip by. "And bad news for you and the police. Now you guys can't find me and I can get my wounds treated."

He looked around the apartment complex in mild interest. It was nothing special, a bed, a bathroom, and a small kitchen. The walls were wine red, the carpet was black, and a white ceiling fan flew lazily around. He walked towards the middle of the room to find books everywhere. He had to step over a column of books and nearly tripped over an encyclopedia.

Whoever lives here is going to be in for the shock of a lifetime! Venom thought, hissing in laughter. He decided whoever came home that he would scare them into helping him. If necessary, they would need to hide him out for a few days. He moved to the door, falling to the ground. Blood trickled from the wound on his back, making him hiss in pain.

"No...my injuries are getting worse! I can't...ugh..." He fell unconscious just as the door opened.
......................................................................

Vivi didn't expect to find a passed out bad guy in her apartment that evening.

She was a no-nonsense kind of woman. With a job as a librarian and a part-time writer, she wondered how she still had a roof under her head. But she managed to come home with something on the table and a book to read.

She wasn't much of a looker either. Her auburn hair was almost always in a messy bun. Her green eyes were deep and mysterious; a person could get lost looking too deep into them. Tonight she was wearing a red turtleneck sweater, denim jeans, and brown boots. In her arms, were another stack of books and groceries. A great thing about being a librarian was that any books that were in the library's bookstore were free for employees. Vivi loved it when she received a new book. It gave her something to look forward to in the night.

Mom...I said I would make it here in the city. I'm almost reaching my dreams so keep cheering me on. She thought to herself.
Her mother was dreadfully ill when Vivi had left her to pursue her dreams in the Big Apple. To think that the city was hectic was an understatement. It gave her tons of writing material to use in her books, if she ever published them.

Sighing, Vivi trudged up the stairs of the apartment complex and found one of her neighbors, Ted Ackerman, waiting for her at his door. She inwardly groaned and tried to avoid him. To her dismay, he walked up to her.