Rescuer in Black

I thought my life was boring.

Sure the occasional secret bookshelf had a new book or the store would have a sale on milk, but for the most part I have a boring life. Writing was my escape from my dull reality and I saw that some of my works were published on the Daily Bugle. I had recieved some calls from my family, date request, and even new books from my co-workers. My life had always been normal, boring, and pretty much dull. I find myself wishing for more excitment in life, more fun or a new adventure.

Whatever had heard my wish is going to get a sock in the gut and a punch in the face.

First of all, I didn't ask for some crazy criminal to come crashing into my window. I admit that made my heart leap in fear and excitment at the same time. Looking back I wonder what came over me when I treated his wounds. What supernatural power overcame my mind and made me do this?

Next, I had struck a deal with this monster. I didn't want to end up as a blood stain or a splotch on the ground. So I had to break out the agreements to save my hide. Turns out that worked too well since he's basically another addition in my household. I've never had a pet or let a roommate share with me, so it was like getting two for one!

Lastly, I never expected this monster to be so...nice. He was kind, almost sane in the head. I keep forgetting that he killed people and fought Spider-Man daily. Talking with him was relaxing and almost comforting at times. It reminded me that I've been alone for far too long now. Having him around, my life didn't feel so empty anymore. I'd never say it to his face, but he makes me exprience new life.

So why was I running down the crowded streets of New York, breathing hard and heart rate skyrocketting, from a red crazed killer?!

Seriously though, whatever had heard my wish is going to pay dearly!
........................................................................

Vivi wished she had superpowers.

Super speed or camoflauge ability, super strength or growth powers, or something would help her in this situation!

Nope, she was running in platform sneakers down the alleys and crowded intersections away from certain death. Not a way she would prefer to die.

Her head replayed what had just happened. Carnage, a symbiote like Venom, was after her blood and trying to kill her to get Venom to fight. She wasn't sure why she had to be killed though!

Oh wait...screw her life. Of course he would go after her! She ducked into another alley to catch her breath, her heart was pounding like a drum. Sweat was pouring down her face and her hands were clammy. She closed her eyes to calm her nerves.

"I love it when the prey runs, it makes the hunt more enjoyable!" Vivi opened her eyes and turned around to see Carnage hanging from the entrance of the alleyway. She turned to make a run for it but saw that the exit was blocked out. Trapped like a rat in a cage!

Oh crud, I didn't even picture my life to end here! If I die, I'm going out fighting! Vivi thought, her eyes glue at the symbiote. He licked his lips with his serpent-like tongue and slithered towards her.

"To be honest, I didn't think you would make it another block. You ran about, what, nine blocks before you stopped." He laughed as she flinched at his words. "I see why he would be interested in you. Your a feisty little street rat."

Vivi clutched her fist. Sure she was shaking and she knew what she would say would get her killed. But she would not let herself get insulted like that!

"Take that back..." Her voice was merely a whisper when she said it.

"What was that? Would you care to repeat that?" Carnage hissed, inching ever so closer to her.