Chapter 2

"Here." Marinette offered Tikki a freshly baked chocolate-chip cookie. "Enjoy "

The little kwami took the cookie, and began munching it with great pleasure. 

Meanwhile, Marinette curiously opened the envelope from the mayor. The invitation itself had the same gold lettering that was on the front of the envelope. Delicate ladybug and pawprint designs adorned the edges of the thick paper. Marinette skimmed through it quickly. 

"Wow..." She murmured once she'd finished reading. "In our honor?"

Tikki smiled. "Of course! You deserve it. You're doing great!" 

Marinette stowed the envelope away in her desk drawer. "I guess... It still just seems so weird to me. But I guess I can handle it. But it's formal. I'll have to have a dress."

Tikki finished off the remains of her cookie and flew toward Marinette. "Marinette, THINK. You're a fashion designer. You can make a dress!"

Marinette smacked her forehead. "Of course!" She spun in her chair and pulled out her sketchbook and pencils. She pondered imtemtly , tapping her chin with her pencil. Her new dress had to be unique. She couldn't be recognizable as Marinette, but she needed to be recognizable as Ladybug. Plus, it needed to be fitting for the occasion: formal and special. The gears in Marinette's head turned, slowly at first, but soon she had formed a basic idea of what she wanted to create. She rushed into action, sketching madly. She had three weeks left to make this dress. She could do it.