Epilogue

Just as the police officers had predicted, there wasn't any school on Monday. Everyone was still in shock of Saturday night. Especially since they'd discovered that Hawkmoth was none other than famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste. Adrien Agreste, his son, was not available for comment.

The city was even more grateful for their heroes Ladybug and Chat Noir, who hadn't been seen since the incident. Not that there was much cause, since Hawkmoth was locked up and powerless. And no one could really blame them for taking a break either.

Marinette's parents had cried tears of relief when Marinette had arrived home that night. She'd had to make up a long story, which her parents miraculously believed. Her partner knew her secret, but she didn't feel that it was time for her parents to know quite yet.

And as for Chat Noir, he and Ladybug had a lot of work to do. And, thanks to a day off from educational requirements, they had time to deal with it properly.

Marinette paced back in forth inside of the closed bakery. She was still stressed and exhausted from the difficult battle, the shock, and, of course, the kiss from her unmasked lover. Marinette blushed just at the thought of the fact that she had kissed Adrien Agreste.

Adrien finally knocked on the bakery door at precisely 10 AM that morning. Wow. Actually right on time, Marinette noted. That was a first. Not that she'd been keeping track or anything. Marinette yelled up the stairs, bidding her parents goodbye. She ran out the door to greet Adrien.

"Hey, Mari," he smiled. She smiled back, blushing. Adrien looked perfect, as always. The sun shone on his golden-blonde hair, and his brilliant green eyes sparkled.

"Hi," she said, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Should we go?"
"Of course, M'Lady." Adrien offered his hand, and Marinette took it.

The two began walking, their kwamis following. Tikki and Plagg had been overjoyed to see each other again, and even happier to see Nuru, their friend. Poor Nuru hadn't been able to help Gabriel find goodness, no matter how hard he had tried. He had had to suffer through all of the evil. All three kwamis had shed tears of joy once reunited.

Marinette and Adrien had made the decision to bring the rescued butterfly Miraculous and kwami to Master Fu. As the keeper of the Miraculouses, they could think of no better choice of action. So, off they went, hand in hand in the bright daylight, ready for another great adventure together.