11 | Silhouette

The moon is shining so bright, as I remained frozen in my seat, looking at the silhouette of the person at the entrance of the deep forest which, for sure, entering that place would be equivalent of getting lost inside it, without knowing the way back.

It looks so eerie. Right now, my heart is beating so fast in nervousness, at the same time in excitement for learning even the smallest truth regarding this school. I don't know why, it feels as if a little information could benefit big in my research, at why this Academy is so mysterious, and I badly want to know every answer that lies on it.

But. . . no, I wasn't so sure if there's really a person in that place because of our distance, especially that my room is located on the second floor of this dormitory. And I know that there are still some rooms above mine, so why did I assume that he's looking at my room instead of them?

But. . . I wasn't even so sure if it's a man or what. . . but I assumed that it's a he because of its broad structure— if it's a woman, the silhouette should be thin and small, right? As I squinted my eyes to look at its place, trying to make my eyes get used to the darkness of my surroundings, and thankfully, the moonlight is enough to make me see the ground below.

The only one that's stopping me to confirm it is my distance. . . as I stood up. I didn't mind if my hair is such a mess, even my face, as I started walking towards the glass wall despite the coldness I'm wearing through my feet from the floor since I'm not wearing my puffy slippers that the Academy provided for us. I didn't mind if I'm only wearing a spaghetti strap silky rose-colored nightdress without any undergarments inside, which I usually use in my sleep.

As I walked closer to the glass window without removing my gaze below. . . at the place where I could feel those menacing sharp stares, in the place where the moonlight couldn't reach due to the big tree that seemed to protect it from the light.

I could feel my heart pounding so loud as I walked closer to it. With every step, my nervousness is increasing, yet my body is shaking in excitement and I don't know why.

But in the darkness, the very same place where the shades of a tree could be seen in the land, I felt a presence— the sharp gaze locked in my room that I can feel, and that silhouette that I could see through the small gap of my curtains. . . because of the darkness that formed into a silhouette of a body. And, again, based on the structure, it's a man.

And I didn't know why, but before I could open my curtains, the door of our place suddenly opened in a bang that made me lose my focus, thinking that maybe Cassandra is back from her night class.

I was about to turn my back and face my door. I don't think I could sleep, maybe I can pester Cassandra a bit to get some pieces of information at my number four question when suddenly, I felt something in the back of my neck. . .

And darkness welcomed my gaze after a sight of a crimson vest being worn by someone else.

As when I woke up, my back hurt a little since I fell asleep, leaning in my desk as my hand is still touching the tip of my Muji pen.

Umayos ako ng upo at nag-unat. I yawned as I looked at a small clock on my desk. 6 AM. Ah, I woke up a little early today and. . . I felt weird. I felt that something's heavy is in my neck.

Inunat ko ang aking ulo pataligid at magkabilaang ginawa iyon dahil sumasakit ang aking likod at batok
Kasabay ng aking paglihis ng aking buhok gamit ang aking kamay upang hawakan ang nasa ibaba ng aking batok kung saan ko nararamdaman ang parang may mahapdi na hindi ko maipaliwanag kung ano.

Napangiwi ako nang makaramdam ng kaunting pagsakit nang mahawakan ko ang maliit na parte na parang may sugat, parang may bukol, na sa tingin ko'y kinagat ng insekto habang ako'y natutulog. Insekto. . . shit. I hate insects!

Maybe that's the reason why I'm having a hot and heavy feeling on my back. I groaned. Fuck this!

I yawned again and looked at my opened notebook at my desk. My eyes stopped at the word, Vampire, which looks as if it was crossed many times which I don't remember that I did. Or maybe I do? I can't remember—

Suddenly, the image of the silhouette of the man below entered my memory, which made me stood up with my eyes widened. My eyes hurt a little and I felt a little dizziness from what I did, but. . .

“What the heck has happened again?” I whispered to myself as I tried to remember it, but all I could remember was. . . blank. I remembered looking at my glass window and took sight of that silhouette then proceeded to write again as if it's nothing, but I know that it wasn't me!

Because I always butt in myself at everything I'm curious about!

But. . . maybe it was just a dream? Because I got so lost with knowing the truth, and that I would do everything to know it— the reason why my head came out with that kind of dream to confuse me? Because that isn't impossible, especially at how powerful our brain works!

But. . . I also know that it wasn't a dream. My instinct is saying that what I've seen that night isn't a dream.

And if it really isn't. . . Fuck!

I frustratedly groaned and pulled my hair. Fuck. You were so close, Allison. Fuck it! Now, I wanted to punch or kick my body, anything that would surely wake me up!

But no, Allison. Maybe you must start again. No. . . that simple silhouette would only answer a question in your head, not everything unless that silhouette is the man you've thought was dead. But it's impossible.

As I stared in the mirror in my room, a full-body mirror being surrounded by macramé knots in some shapes. Looking at my pair of raven eyes that seemed so lifeless, I sighed heavily.

Allison Esqueza, I'm asking you. Would you believe that Robert Bautista is really dead?