46 | Proud

Certain people don't like to be bound, as more of them enjoyed their life as a single by partying, hooking up with strangers, getting wasted that you won't remember how to get back to your home, and most importantly, building your name without the help of someone else in your life. Some don't want to marry since marrying means being bounded with that person for the rest of your life.

In my case, ever since what happened in that day as I gave him my blood, even a modicum of it from my prickled finger, my soul has been bound to be with the monster that he has, as it would seek my presence no matter where I go.

My heart is beating so fast as the door opened, revealing a refreshing aroma from roses as my gaze quickly seek for Cassandra who only nodded her head on me, encouraging me to enter the dark room in front of us. Gulping an imaginary item that has been stuck in my throat, I nodded my head as my nervousness intensifies seeing her worried face, and even her thought that something bad might happen to me as I enter this room.

I'm bracing myself for it though.

As my feet move to slowly enter the room, the warm temperature touched my skin as the candles on the floor are being fanned by the wind that came from the opened door. The air-conditioner is on, as its humming occupies the whole silent place, yet the heat from the candles envelope the whole room.

With every step I'm making to go inside this obscured room, the sound of petals from roses that my feet are stepping through and the strong aroma of it entered my senses; the intensity of the pounding of my poor heart keeps increasing as if it's going to escape my ribcages. My nervousness is making my body trembled as I felt like my wobble feet would make me stumble later.

Narinig ko ang pagsarado ng pinto na halos ikinalundag ko. Completely frightened, I turned my body to look at the door, since it's the first thing that we always do. Feeling my fear intensifying with the thought of myself getting surrounded by darkness with a monster inside, but I kept on pushing away that thought, as in my mind, he wouldn't hurt me.

He tried saving me, right?

I roam my eyes around but it's just too dark for me to see a thing, and only the lightened candles lining to the side are giving luminance to this place, but isn't enough for me to gaze through this place that seemed like an abyss of nothingness.

Umaasa na lamang ako sa memorya ko kung saan nakalagay ang mga gamit habang naglalakad palapit sa kung saan. Inangat kong muli ang aking paa upang humakbang ngunit biglang namatay ang bawat sindi ng kandila na nakapaligid, dahilan upang tuluyang kainin ng kadiliman ang buong lugar na siyang nagpakaba sa akin.

Now, all I could hear is the fast beating of my heart, as the feeling of darkness consumed me keeps making me aghast.

And in this obscured place, where I couldn't see anything as if my eyes are tightly closed, a thunderous voice echoed in darkness as it almost made me jump.

“I've been waiting for you,” he said with his deep, authoritative voice, but I noticed how hoarse it is, as instead of making me petrified, worried washed through my body.

As my attention goes to the place where I've heard it. And there, my eyes caught a silhouette— a pitch-black silhouette moving despite how dark the place is, as in his movement, noticing how it's taking him some time to sit that I heard his low groans as if in pain.

“A-Are you hurt?” I stuttered and hastily made my way to his place despite the darkness that's blinding me, and halted when I realized something.

He doesn't say I must come to his place.

He's the Crown Prince from the line of Regileum. . . the ruler of vampires, and he must make an order before we proceed. Right?

I don't want him to think that a mere peasant like me is disrespecting him. Since among the creatures existing in this place, we, the peasants, are the ones who must ask for His Highness' recognition, so he wouldn't kill us.