28 | Favorite Spot

Beneath those green leaves from the trees, with surroundings as fresh and peaceful because it isn't too hot— this place actually seemed to be located in the Northern part where the sun doesn't shine too bright, unlike other places.

Malilim, at para bang laging natatakpan ng ulap ang sinag ng araw ngunit sa tuwing iaangat ang aking paningin ay laging bubungad sa akin ang walang ka ulap-ulap na kalangitan. Malamig at presko ang simoy, ang panahong karapat-dapat aabagay na aking gagawin ngayon— ang magbasa upang hindi ako ma-bored, lalo na't history ang babasahin ko.

This is actually my type of weather— not too bright but is not raining. Sighing heavily while walking through my favorite spot that I found located at almost the forest part not so far in the dormitories. The place at the back of the infrastructure of our school was located in the middle between the Sunrise and Moonlight dormitory.

And yeah, a place where no one would bother going because they could eat at the cafeteria and any other place inside the building, so why bother going here, right?

This is actually a big tree which is at the place at the middle of the boundaries of where we, women shouldn't pass since the other part of it will be where the dormitory of boys is. And it's the same tree where I hid myself when they are burying Robert's ashes.

Speaking of Robert. . . I will not let his death be in vain.

Clutching the book, The Hierarchy, in my chest with my left hand while holding a paper bag of food I've bought in my other hand since it's only lunch. And since Neithan didn't follow me, deciding to stay in my favorite place to eat while reading is the best decision I've done.

My mood is light, and a smile was plastered in my face while humming some tune as In walked through the only huge tree straight in my path, only to halt as my smile slowly faded at the sight of a man sitting on my favorite place— sitting on the slightly damp grasses while leaning on the body of the tree that is what I do.

Stopping midtrack, with my gaze locked at the sight of a black jacket being worn by someone, that based on its body built, it's a he. That is in my distance, his black slacks from his stretched legs in a form of horizontal number four could exhibit how relaxed he is while sitting at my usual place. His jacket's hood is covering his head, which unable for me to take some glimpse at his hair color— in hope that I could recognize him even it's impossible.

Only a part of his arm is what my eyes could see, especially that place could hinder people to see that someone's in that place— also the reason why my classmates didn't saw me aside from Neithan who saw my handkerchief.

The feeling of disappointment rushes in me inside, sighing heavily and decided to turn my back from it, and accepting the defeat that I should eat in our dorm instead.

I was about to move my feet to get away from this place when I heard a deep baritone voice that echoed throughout this whole, silent place.

“Where are you going? Aren't you going to sit here?” he asked as my eyes widened in shock before quickly looking back at his place, only to see him in his usual state as if he doesn't move from that position.

Then how. . .

No, maybe he felt my presence. After all, I was a little humming earlier.

Fully turning my gaze at the man who remained unmoving, I sighed heavily.

I don't want to be rude but, “I don't want to share a place with someone else,” with the usual bored tone I said, as I remained to look at the back of the guy, waiting for him to move or anything.

And I wasn't wrong when he moved, but instead of looking at me, he just seated straight.

“There's no name, I assumed it's for everyone,” pagbabalik nya sa aking sinabi gamit rin ang tamad na tamad na boses na ikinaawang ng aking labi.