30 | Neithan

Opening my eyes, the first image that welcomed me was the blinding light from this bright ceiling which is where an opened light bulb is located even though the sun is still awake while feeling my body as if the endless darkness had consumed my soul for years— that's how I feel based on how weak my body is.

My throat is dry, which is the reason why my body quickly moved to sit down, despite the slight dizziness I've felt, as my eyes roamed at the place looking for something to drink, to find bottled water above the table which I didn't hesitate to open and drank.

Feeling the freshness of warm water touched my throat is refreshing for someone who feels they haven't drink for days, but when my eyes stopped at the clock, which shows it's only 3 PM, I could say that I've only dozed off for three hours.

My body feels kind of heavy, as blinking my eyes profoundly was the first thing I've done to wake myself up, with a slight slapping of my cheeks to make my blood boil a little— so I wouldn't be this weak.

What did the heck happen? Whispering to myself while roaming my eyes again, as the white sheets of the bed and the clean surroundings, with some curtains hiding myself from others, as it's positioned as if to give me some privacy.

Well, I really did go to the infirmary instead of going somewhere. What a freak.

Sighing heavily and was about to put my feet to the floor when I heard the door opening which made me halted, followed by a voice of someone talking.

“What about Allison? Are we going to leave her behind?” A familiar voice said. . . which if I wasn't wrong, it's Neithan's.

My body quickly moved to lay down again and turn my back from it, closing my eyes and calmed my breathing as if I'm still sleeping. Yeah, curiosity kicked on me and for sure, they would stop whatever they're talking about once they learned that I'm awake and fine as fuck.

After all, I'm curious about their plans.

“Why? Your curiosity about our little kitten bloomed and became affection that you can't leave her behind? How swee—”

“Just answer my question, Guine!” Neithan's said harshly yet a bit quieter than earlier while coming closer to my place as if it's scaring him that I would be awoken by his loud voice.

Well, bitches, I'm awake. But I wouldn't tell you about it.

And knowing that they're talking about those things inside this infirmary, I could confirm already that this is soundproof— unless they're inside since it's the first time they're talking about something like this.

And based on how confident they are talking about this, it means I'm the only patient inside. Great, just great.

“She doesn't know anything, Neithan. Don't get her involved with this dangerous plan,”

My forehead creased after hearing Guinevere's voice, yet I quickly fixed my face after hearing the curtain moved by someone harshly set it aside, followed by their presence coming closer to the bed, and thankfully, I'm a born actress.

I thought Neithan wouldn't comment on what Guinevere blabbered, but hearing his answer made my heart beats loud and fast. And it intensifies when someone is seated on my bed— the reason why I felt something heavy on the other side.

Thankfully, they couldn't see my face right now!

“But we can't just leave her behind,” Neithan mumbled softly as if he was scared that I would be awoken by their voice.

Great. And why does my heart is beating so fast?

It was followed by a deep sighed which isn't from Neithan, before I felt a soft small hand caressed my shoulder that feels as if a warm hand touched my heart.