33 | Botulinum Toxin

And again, I cut on my classes. Maybe my professor will drop me this time but right now, my focus is on something, and failing my academic performance doesn't bother me.

Right after what happened in the room, before someone sees me in that state— weak, vulnerable, and crying, I asked Neithan to bring me back to our dorm which he didn't hesitate and brought me here.

As I'm lying on my bed, looking at my white ceiling above with my thoughts floating in my head, thinking of a possible reason why everything happened. I mean, it's kind of impossible, right?

If they were really killed— tortured in the woods, having these vampire guys who could see and smell something even at the distance they're in, it's impossible that they haven't smelled the scent of blood floating in the atmosphere especially when their noses are sensitive to blood.

Blood is their weakness, and smelling it would make them go crazy.

Second. If they're really killed or tortured in the woods, then the one who did those horrified actions should've already caught, after all, the people here are supernatural and there are also supernatural guards doing their errands at night, right?

As a sudden thought entered my mind.

What if the torture was done when those supernatural beings are sleeping?

Like. . . those bite marks that were written on the picture was just something. . . to confuse the one who investigates this issue and to point the blame into someone else.

Does those torture are really a product of vampires?

Feeling slight dizziness right after lifting my body from lying on my bed for hours, I closed my eyes tightly to compose myself, just before I open my door silently and decided to ask Cassandra over this— no, she's sleeping, right?

But let me check if she's really sleeping. . .

As I walked closer to her door, my heart is beating so fast from nervousness that she might catch me sneaking inside her room. But I'll just check if she's sleeping, right? And if she is, I'll just silently go back to my room and decide to think again until I fall asleep. Right!

In this silent dormitory of us, with couches in our living room with a small table where we can sit down and talk, and in front of those couches is a big television which we could chill with our roommate, it's still a mystery for me that the principal let me stay in a dorm where a night student is occupying, which means, the principal just let a human entered a lion's den too. . . maybe, to test the vampire?

That's the first thing that people would think once they know our situation.

But in my case, the principal put me in this room to test me. . . if I could stand being with a nocturnal creature who wouldn't hesitate to suck my blood once I accidentally cut my finger, even the slightest injury that would make them go wild.

The question is. . . why does the principal is doing this?

As I stood in front of Cassandra's door, the fast beating of my heart keeps on intensifying as I sighed heavily and put a debate in my head whether I should proceed to my plan or just let it go, after all, maybe I will learn from it even not from Cassandra itself.

Right?

Yeah, right. After all, I don't want her to think of me as a nosy woman who suddenly got interested in things when in the first place, I wasn't like this.

Hindi ganito ang pagkakakilala nila sa akin, kaya't sigurado akong sa oras na magsimula akong magtanong ay maghihinala ang mga ito.

Right. Maybe I should leave.