Chapter Thirty Seven

Its been a crazy couple of weeks, I graduated from college for the second time with an Associates Degree in Science!! Wow, when I first started to write this story I was 15 years old, now I'm 19-about to turn 20 in a couple of months. As this story comes to a close, I want to give a HUGE Thank You to everyone who followed me on this wonderful journey, I'm always going to remember the hilarious comments you leave behind.

And another Thank You to These_AutumnLeaves for the many votes! This Chapter is dedicated to you.

________________________________________________________________________

"Not everyone is meant to be in your life for the long run. Some are just passing through to lead us to those that should be."

― April Mae Monterrosa

Dara's POV

The sound of rain drops hitting the bus windows awoke me from my deep slumber. I wiped my swollen eyes and gazed out the foggy window, the skies were dark and gloomy. A thunder storm, I realized. Perfect. I felt a cool wet breeze spraying my face from an open window in the front where Amber was driving. Behind her sat the guys, Kevin-sporting a scruffy beard now and looking very tired, Kiseop-frighteningly thin and weak, and Kai-his warm skin tone turned a sickly pale and he looked like he would collapse at any moment. The three were huddled around each other, formatting a plan on how to get out of here. I scoffed at them, CL and Suho were our best bet of escaping these woods, now.. they were gone.

I couldn't help the feeling of animosity I had towards the others for allowing CL and Suho to be thrown out of the bus like that, I hated my self for not fighting harder, for not leaving with them. Hence why I was moping all the way at the back of the bus, away from everyone else. They were our friends, we are all friends despite our differences, and friends don't treat each other like that, especially in life threatening situations. 

I glanced at Chanyeol, his curly hair reached his shoulders now, a little stubble appeared on his chin, he looked manlier, in a good way. He stood at the front of the bus with Bom, Minzy, Luhan and Sehun. They whispered about the food shortage we were having as they rummaged through the empty back packs that were full with food only days before. The only sustenance we had left were 3 cans of beans, and a bottled water. I watched as Chanyeol's tall body frame drooped in disappointment, he caught my eye and walked towards me.

"Hey"

"Hey" I smiled and scooted over for him to sit.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug, "Were going to be alright" he murmured softly, his large brown eyes stared into mine, pleading for me to stay hopeful.

"No Chanyeol," I sighed, looking away, "Were not-"

Without warning, a familiar screeching sound filled the air. I felt my shoulders tense and glanced at Chanyeol. 

No...

His eyes locked onto mine, "Its back..." he whispered.