Chapter 7: Inevitable

"Seige... come on." Finn playfully trapped my waist within his arms. As much as I yearned to be an intelligent human, I still inevitably flaked out and found myself grinning like a disgusting decapitated alien worm. 

Most of me was internally musing over the fact that Finn was touching me, SOBER.

The rest of me, which was only equivalent to about 2.5%, had the urge to kick him in the shin.

I turned sideways, up at him with my best angry face. 

He just sort of... melted my rage away with his unparalleled smile. With a smirk, he pulled me closer; hugging me from behind like I was his most priced possession; like a limited edition Build-a-Bear or something.

"We're in a restaurant" I hissed; attempting to pry his hands away "Allow me some dignity"

He chuckled, shaking his head "No". He spoke to me as if I suddenly turned into a 4 year old.

I knew that I would have to draw the line at some point; and that point came when he slowly moved his lips closer to the back of my neck. I was just about to tell him off when luckily, the restaurant manager emerged behind the counter.

Finn snapped back immediately, but kept an arm around my waist "Uh, hello. Could we request the nastiest edible drink you have?"

Clearly, the manager was not prepared for that question. The waiter wasn't either, before. Hence the manager. "Pardon?"

"You know, the ones you use for hangovers" Finn raised his brows innocently, then quickly added "No one is drunk of course." after seeing the horror on the manager's face.

"He's a YouTuber" I added flatly

"Oh." the manager nodded like that was enough explanation. Obviously he has had experience with ruddy kids asking for disgusting things for dares which they film for the amusement of random strangers "I will see what I can do"

As soon as he disappeared toward the kitchens I forcefully and with great difficulty, got Finn's arms off my waist like I would a fanny pack. A really cute fanny pack.

"Stop touching me" I said firmly; letting my eyes scare him a bit.

He grinned then flicked my forehead without any warning whatsoever "Oh, you mean like that?"

"Exactly like that." I rolled my eyes at his immaturity "And if you're trying to be funny, it isn't working"

"Admit it, you think I'm at least a teensy bit adorable" he had his eyes scrunched and held his thumb and forefinger up about an inch apart. "Come on, say it. I'm adorable"

He then proceeded to poke my arm repeatedly as we walked back to our incredibly long table.

"Fine!" I hissed "You are"

"Are what?" he arched a brow with a little smart ass smile. 

"You're adorable" I rolled my eyes; turning sideways to hide the smile that everyone probably already saw. "You think you're absolutely cheeky right now, don't you?"

"I do feel quite cheeky right now, yeah" he nodded; pulling up a chair for me.

"Are you tired of fighting off my brother?" Jack inquired as if he already knew the feeling of having to deal with Finn's weird tendencies.

"Exhausted"

Finn, who took a seat beside me, leaned in to whisper words that made my heart and all surrounding organs melt "Then stop fighting. Let me solve your problem" he said in a deep voice that made me go weak at the knees.