Chapter 10: Versus

"He cheated on you." Tyler said quietly; leaning against the kitchen counter.

I never imagined myself having this discussion with my best friend. I never thought Tyler and I would ever end up in my living room, arguing like a middle aged couple. I definitely never had room in my brain to store thoughts of him forbidding me from being in a relationship. As crazy as it may seem, Tyler is the narrow minded one in this particular situation. With sucks like hell.

"I know that" I muttered; refusing to meet his eyes. "I've forgiven him"

"Forgiven him?!" he burst out; looking at me incredulously "In case you forgot, cheating is frowned upon in most societies! It's not a circumstance you take lightly!"

"Well, what doesn't kill you should make you stronger shouldn't it?" I shrugged "That problem made us stronger as a couple"

"No." he snapped; holding a finger up "What doesn't kill me, better fucking hide because bitch... I'm getting revenge. That," he slammed a fist on the counter top... I believe to further stress conviction "Is the proper disposition"

"Come on Ty, just a few measly days ago you were rooting for us to work out like your life depended on it

"That was before I found out he's a lying, traitorous parasite crawling--"

"Shut up. You don't get to talk about my boyfriend that way." I crossed the room to stand directly in front of him. "And my boyfriend is not just my boyfriend. Finn is a dear friend of yours"

"Look, I am looking out for my best friend. As long as I get to ward off motherfuckers who are out to motherfucking get you, I can live with the consequences. Apart from you, I don't care who else I lose" he explained calmly.

Of course I got his point and appreciated his sincerity, but it isn't that simple.

There's no one trumps the other in this situation. Best friend and boyfriend cancel each other out.

I will not choose between them. Never.

I have to wait for the factors of the situation to change but until then...

I sighed heavily and brushed the worry off his face with a chuckle "boys are cunning, I get it. They're trouble, we already knew that Ty. What I'm trying to say now is that I've found a boy who's worth the trouble"

He groaned in disgust; rolling his eyes. Not the reaction I was hoping for. Needless to say, the gravity of what I said did not get through to him.

"Can we talk about this later? I'm kinda busy" I shrugged; realizing there isn't much I could do more.

"Alright." he reciprocated "Call me." 

He dragged his keys from the counter and left the apartment; slamming the door slightly louder than usual, but that didn't worry me. I was only too happy he was finally gone.

We were both unwilling to budge so there wasn't really a point to having a row; destroying each other in the process.

I rushed to the bath in my bed room; wrenching the door open "Sorry you had to hear that baby"

"It’s alright" Finn smiled weakly; rising from his spot on the floor beside the tub "I flossed. Thrice" he tossed a pack of dental floss back on the medicine shelf with a sigh. "Everyone's upset with me these days, I'm a bit used to it."

I sighed too; it’s been a habit of ours lately. "Do you need anything? I could call Jack. Or maybe you could use some air..." I dropped my eyes doubtfully; making it way too obvious that I was feeling the exact opposite of what I was about to say "You can leave if you'd like. I'll be alright."