Chapter 6: Memories of a Distant Past

Huh? Where am I? Not this again?! I'm seriously going to get brain damage if this keeps up. I tried to untie my hands, but it's kind of hard when I'm blindfolded. "Ryu, can you hear me? Where is this place? Why does it seem like we're moving." "Apparently some maids were pirates trying to steal from that idiot king. I think they thought that you were the king's lover or something when they saw you two yesterday. They probably thought that they could ransom you for a lot of money. That idiot king and his loyal dogs should seriously do some background checks before they hire people" "great... just great! Now what am I going to do? My hands still hurt from Balbadd and I think the wounds might have reopened!" "They did, but you're too stupid to know."

Before I could say anything I heard footsteps approaching, "hey! Looks like that lil' miss is awake. You reckon we get thee capt'n?" "Yeah, call 'em down her" "aye aye mate!" I heard one pair of footsteps coming closer and juggling some keys. I heard a steal door opening and I was pushed out of where ever it was I was in. I was led straight ahead and I heard a knock on a door. I heard the door opening and I was pushed in. someone grabbed me by the shoulder and pushed me to a chair and tied be too it. I felt my blindfold being taken off. I had to blink a couple of times because the bright light almost blinded me.

"Glad to see ya in good shape. I'm the capt'n of this here ship. I heard ye were a lover of that ther king." I glared at the man who was sitting on the other side of desk with his legs up. He reeked of rum and he kind of reminded me of Captain Barbosa from The Pirates of the Caribbean. He smirked and said, "not very talkative, are ye now? Well, let's see if you'll talk after starving now will ya". He got up and gagged me and then left me alone and tied up in that room... well I guess it was a cabin in a ship

.

.

.

(Hours Later)

"Ryu, I'm not feeling too well. I'm so hungry and thirsty! I haven't eaten since yesterday when we arrived! What am I going to do?" "Just sleep it off, I'm pretty sure those loyal dogs found out you were missing. They might come here in no time." "Are you sure?"

My stomach started to growl and I found myself dosing off to sleep.

.

.

.

(Dream/ Distant Memories from Long Ago)

I ran up to Hinahoho's sister because she was carrying some blankets for all of us. "Hey Pipirika! Wait for me!" She turned around and laughed, "You look so tiny running after me like that! I think my brother and Sinbad are already asleep! I honestly thought you would be the first person to fall asleep because you're the youngest!" I glared at her, but she just patted my head.

As we approached the cabin, sure enough Sinbad was snoring. I sighed and fixed my bed on the other side of Pipirika, because I still felt kind of weird sleeping next to Sinbad. That idiot honestly still thinks I'm a boy! Honestly how does he become a lady killer in the future when he can't even figure out I'm a girl?!

I had this weird feeling that we were being watched, so I closed my eyes and concentrated on trying to hear any unusual sounds. It was kind of hard with Sinbad and Hinahoho's snoring and the fact that Pipirika was clinging to Sinbad and talking in her dreams." Just then there was a loud sound from above. I quickly got the dagger that I was hiding under my pillow and aimed at the figure that Sinbad had apparently kicked on accident.